Aventador S VS Countach | FerrariChat

Aventador S VS Countach

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by marcussean, Oct 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcussean

marcussean Karting

Sep 21, 2010
    montreal
    Full Name:
    marco
    HI everyone ,

I am contemplating replacing my 1990 countach for the 2018 Aventador S. On the fence about making the move need some advice . Having both is not an option ! I am located in Canada .
    Thanks in Advance Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Why would you?

dmn23 likes this.
  3. A 2018 is going to be hit with a pile of depreciation, but of course you know that. Your DD during the same time could easily go up in value, which I'm sure you also know. A pretty big spread after probably 2 or so years. That's the financial part. The realistic part is what you want & only you know that answer. A new Lamborghini would be an absolute blast, so you have a possibly difficult, but fun, decision.

4. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    First world problems

My advice?
    Noooooooo!

5. ijvpet

ijvpet Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2002
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    John P
    I have both an '86 Countach DD and a 2016 Aventador Roadster.
    Man... you're going to miss the Countach.
    BUT...my recommendation is that you should experience every v12 Lambo. Get into a diablo and Murcielago too. Make the best deal you can, enjoy them all and pick your favorite.

All v12 Lambos are a car guy's dream. Its just what fits you the best.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  6. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    In an effort to be diplomatic most would probably say "apples and oranges."

Personally, I feel the Countach is in a different class. This was a car that managed to be the pinnacle of performance for almost the full duration of its lifetime.

An Aventador would no doubt be far superior. In comparison though, it would also be much more ordinary. Perhaps none of this really matters. But history will see the Countach sitting next to the 300sl, Miura, F40, and Bugatti Veyron.

All that aside, you may love owning the Aventador. 15 years down the line, if you change your mind, it may be too late switch.

Lovely car you have there. Interestingly, Lamborghini posted this today. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  7. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    If I wanted to drive an Aventador I would buy and X-Box

8. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I just have always felt there is something amazing about the Countach. There never has been nor will there ever be another like it. Yes the Aventador is an amazing car but it won't ever be as raw as the Countach nor as notorious. If you could only have one it should be the Countach. In 10 years you will still be able to get an Aventador but the Countach is getting harder to find good examples of and it will only get worse and more expensive as time marches on. I have a feeling if you let go of it you will end up regretting it.

9. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    DD?

10. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    interesting topic, my buddy in Norway called me a couple of days ago, thinking about selling his 05 (Europe only,i think) 512 m, loves his car,perfect records ,service, owned since late 90 s, his dilemma is, miles and use, also my buddy is not getting any younger, anyway, i think this is a situation wich is very common these days, beeing the 80 s cars,wich now are worth equivilant to new cars of same brand.Tempting to buy a new car,warranty and so on,drive it like you stole it, to me, not a chance, not even close, each on their own.

11. Your right, fuel injected. I saw Canada & not the small pic on the phone. Still a tough call.

12. LC3929

LC3929 Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    Exactly. Maybe history already sees.

13. marcussean

marcussean Karting

Sep 21, 2010
    montreal
    Full Name:
    marco
    Thank you all for your advice . greatly appreciate it. Will keep you posted .

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Curious - what color is your anniversary?

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I agree with the others: if the purpose is to have an asset or collectible, keep the Countach.

If you want something to actually drive around on a regular basis, I would say get the Aventador S.

Maybe you feel fulfilled having had your Countach for long enough and you would rather have a more useful, faster car. If it were my money and I could only have one, I would have the Aventador because I would want to drive it constantly, everywhere.