Aventador! | Page 53 | FerrariChat

Aventador!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SFchallenge, Oct 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C Commndr

C Commndr Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2011
    Looks kind of pregnant. Whatever happened to the lean and mean Lambos of old?

2. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'll admit, my first reaction was that it was too much like the Murci & Reventon, but the more I see it the more I like it. This car is more sinister, more aggressive & more powerful looking than anything else. Those side intakes alone look like the belong on a jet fighter...& every panel line as well. I'm wondering if sidewinder missiles are on the options list!

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i agree...it is growing on me. it makes the 458 ferrari...or any new ferrari looks like kids stuff. that lambo is seriously bad azz.

4. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
  5. SamBoler

SamBoler Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    LA
    #1308 SamBoler, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    If you look closely, you can see a car in the background. Keep looking, you'll see it. ;)

Chris

7. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    car,what car?

8. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    #1312 sunburn, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Speed Demon 1

Speed Demon 1 Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2009
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    SS
  10. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Eh...they're blocking my view!!

11. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nothing sucks the visual life out of a car like black wheels. I'd love to see Lambo offer dark grey alloys again instead.

12. Speed Demon 1

Speed Demon 1 Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2009
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    SS
    I found this pearl yellow (Giallo Orion) Aventador without black wheels on YouTube. Looks great to me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnmmTHh_fy0[/ame]

13. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Black wheels are optional...I'll take the standard wheels ;)

14. C Commndr

C Commndr Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2011
    While it is pretty alright looking and sinister, it is much too much an evolution of the same old, same old from Audighini. Plus it looks hefty from some angles.

15. F1wannabe

F1wannabe Karting

Sep 27, 2011
    I drove the Aventador at a Lamborghini North America event at the California Speedway in Fontana in early November. We drove the car on the racetrack with some track modifications by Lamborghini, including some S curves and hairpins. We followed an Italian race car driver in a modified Gallardo SuperLeggera, and we were able to push the cars really hard. If you pushed up on the leader's car, he would speed up, and at times if felt like you were in a race with Lamborghini's driver. The President of Lamborghini, and other executives were there for a presentation on the history of Lambo, which was very interesting, but the highlight was driving the cars. We each got to drive an Aventador (Matte Black or White) and a Gallardo Superleggera (6 laps in each). I drove the Matte Black Aventador and a White Superleggera on the racetrack. I loved both cars, but the Aventador felt a little heavy through the S and hairpin turns. The Aventador never lost its grip on the turns, but it felt big and a little heavy. On the other hand, the Superleggera was amazing on the track. I could have driven the Superleggera all day, and I felt like the car could do whatever I asked it to do. I love the looks of the Aventador and on the long strait portion of the track, you could feel its incredible power and speed (really fun), but for all around driving, I preferred the Gallardo Superleggera. Oddly enough, this was the first time I had ever driven a Lamborghini--great cars!

16. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    I can't :p

17. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Good man. :)

18. ajnsx

ajnsx Rookie

Jun 14, 2005
    japan
    Full Name:
    aaron
    Similarity is quite apparent, nice vehicle nonetheless.

19. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay

Lambos were never lean and thin they were always "Thick" the question is what happened to the exotic exclusivity? What happened to the outragous design? What we have with the Aventador is an Eclipse on Steroid. The doors look very aftermarket. The overall look is recycled.

Performance wise isn't impressive considering things will change soon and every car is on the level of Veyron, this couldn't even run with a Mclaren F1 let alone the Enzo replacement.

20. Kelsa

Kelsa F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2005
    Adult Toy Land
    Full Name:
    Crazy Chinaman
    That now belongs to Pagani, no longer a Lambo thing. once car maker turns corporate, it is no longer exclusive.

Nor is the performace of countach or diablo for that comparison, countach was never going to outrun a f40, like the diablo could never outrun a f50.

90% of the Aventador owners have no roads to run it's full potential, most of them will park their aventador in front of coffee shops or night clubs, occasionally rev the tits out of it to impress their lady friends.

so really who cares how it really performs?

21. harris007

harris007 Karting

Jul 3, 2010
    This video is pretty old but haven't seen it anywhere on this site yet soo... enjoy I suppose.
    The race isn't exactly fair but my god, the Aventador is fast in a mile drag strip.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MKyZ8Y6E6w&feature=player_embedded[/ame]