AZ bike trip weather questions | FerrariChat

AZ bike trip weather questions

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by mikesufka, Jan 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Gentleman -

I'm planning on shipping two Harley's down to Mesa, AZ, area on April 6 (Thursday). Our plan is to bust out on Friday and head to Lake Havasu for a day. Then heading up to St. George, UT, then East thru Zion National Park and over to Page, AZ and Lake Powell. From there, head to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and back to Mesa. We will probably be back in Mesa on the 13th or 14th.

I thought April would be late enough, but now I'm starting to worry about snow. Think I'll be OK? It's the Flagstaff area I'm most concerned about.

Thanks,

MDS

PS: Any bike hauler's you'd recommend ??

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You will probably be fine. However, there are routes that can take you around Flagstaff so you don't hit snow (if there is any).

3. rob4092xx

rob4092xx Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    You will not hit any snow. You will hit some very hot temperatures in Havasu however!

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    It will be plenty hot for 90%+ of that route. Plenty hot. I drove from scottsdale to the south rim last April. It is colder up there, but you will be fine with a jacket and perhaps some gloves. Small chance of a freak storm, but you can plan around that if one comes to pass. Great route you have planned, I've driven it all many times, you will have a great time.

5. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Thanks for responses - we're renting bikes now - too much work to get our bikes down there.

Any specific hotels to stay at in South Rim & Sedona ?

MDS