AZ guys.... | FerrariChat

AZ guys....

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by LuisGT3, Oct 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/108trackday.html
    The event is this weekend. There is no charge for spectators and it will be a sick event. Bring your cameras!
    So far we have the following cars registered:
    Ford GT
    Lambo Murcielago
    Lambo Gallardo
    Ferrari 430
    Ferrari 360 Stradale
    Porsche GT2
    Porsche GT3
    5 Porsche 996 Turbo's
    Porsche 997 Turbo
    Porsche Cayman
    Porsche 996
    Porsche Boxster
    Ariel Atom
    4 Corvette Z06's
    2 Mercedes SL55's
    Mercedes S 600
    BMW M coupe
    BMW 540i
    BMW M5
    2 BMW M3's
    Acura NSX
    65 Cobra
    WRX Sti

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    I'm there!

3. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Cool, see you there.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    If you see me, don't be a stranger. 6'3", skinny, long hair, and a college student. You can't miss me.LOL

5. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    I'll be bringing my Nikon D2X and some good lenses so hopefully I'll get some good shots of all the toys that show up (when I'm not out on the track with the F430 that is...hopefully my wife can get good shots then!). Also, I just got a HD Sony camcorder so I'll be bringing that along with my Sony standard definition camcorder to get some videos (that I'll post on YouTube probably).

Steve

6. Nicksta

Nicksta Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    DC Ranch & NY, NY
    Full Name:
    Nick Ingle
    Never heard of this before, but I'll swing by. Edgefest music last weekend and engine music this weekend.

7. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Cool, see you there.

8. Nicksta

Nicksta Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    DC Ranch & NY, NY
    Full Name:
    Nick Ingle
    Good seeing everyone out there today.

Steve and Nick, thanks for showing off your cars. You guys are either race-prepped drivers, or 360s and 430s do a lot to mask new-driver errors! Travis, it was great meeting you. I'll definately see everyone at future events.

9. The Rig

The Rig Karting

Sep 5, 2006
    Tucson
    Full Name:
    Gerry Shanks
    This was a blast!!!(even though I was just watching) Got to meet some great people. I took my 3yr old daughter and she talked about the cars the entire drive home!(especially the yellow lambo!)

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    #10 Sea Bass, Oct 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was great meeting everyone! Thanks Steve for bringing the 430 from Tucson. Louis, thanks for posting here for the heads up. Nick's CS was stunning, and the same with your GT3.

Here's are hi-lights of the pics I got. For the complete set, check out my Flickr page for all the pics which will be updated by the end of tonight. If you want hi-res, PM me with your email and I'll be happy to give whatever you want. Video too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/funeralbell/

Here are videos of Steve's 430, Louis' friend Nick's 360CS, and a Gallardo.

Steve's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxbQWqDOR-Y
    Nick's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHhKZ1bKj78
    Gallardo (can't remember his name) - (video coming soon)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Napoleondyna

Napoleondyna Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Otis Blank
    Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I really wish I could have gone. Great pictures too Travis!

12. joe@scottsdaleexoticcarcl

joe@scottsdaleexoticcarcl Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    N. Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hello again! I'd like to thank everyone who participated in Sunday's Drivers' Education Event. The event was a great success!!!.We had a great turnout, as well as, great weather! It seems that everybody got a lot of track time as well as, an opporunity to meet fellow auto enthusiasts. The staff at Firebird did a wonderful job of prepping the track and preparing the facility for us. The corner workers were excellent and friendly and the rescue workers were not needed, as there were no incidents!

I would also like to give a special thank you to our staff and instructors. We had vehicles representing many countires and manufacturers. There were everything from Vipers to Corvettes, Porsches, Mercedes, Ford GTs, BMWs, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and more.

I have posted some of the photos and video from the event on our site. See this link:
    http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/108trackday.html

If you have any additonal photos or video, please email them to me so I can post them on the site!

Check the calendar for other upcoming events!
    http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/calendar.html

13. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
  14. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    It was great to see you guys out there. Stay tuned for our next event.
    Regards,
    Luis

15. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    Great meeting every one there. Especially Richard and his Porsche (hope it's okay from the spin), Luis for all of his help and guidance (I know who's going tire shopping with me next time!), Joe for pulling together the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club, Marcus for being my trainer/co-pilot on a session, Carey for bringing his Ford GT (to help sell my wife that we need one), Stefan for bringing his cool Gallardo and not having it there just for show (see the pics and the videos...it goes really well), Craig and his Ariel Atom (I think I might be selling my motorcycles and buying one now that I've seen it in person), Mark and his BMW M5 and the track tour with Marcus,and fellow f-car owner Nick for bringing his trick 360CS. Also to Travis for all of the pics and videos...nice job. Oh yeah, and Gerry Shanks of Gerry Rigs for coming up from Tucson to watch and bringing his race car crazy 3.5 year old daughter...she's a chip off the old block! Did I miss anyone (sorry if I did...I have a little bit of brain fade from the track time yesterday and Bondurant GP school today...)?

Steve

16. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Great meeting you Steve! It's always a little "strange" meeting someone off the net, so I like to keep it short. I'll put up some pictures later, thought I don't really have much other that what's here. I got some vid of your 430 starting and taking off, and plenty of vids coming around that corner down the straight away. Will put some up on youtube soon.

The even was a lot of fun, and there was action all over the place. We saw some of the cart races/etc. I was disappointed not to see the Veyron or Enzo there. Enzo wasen't a big deal though, seen those before. I was really looking forward to the F50 too. I really went to see the Veryon, but that's ok.

17. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Here's a vid I took of sgcullen's 430 starting and taking off. It's a couple mins long..he was chatting with someone :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFaL572StU

I have some of the track I'll be posting soon.

18. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    This may be a stupid question, but what is the purpose of the blue tape? If it just to protect against stone chips, is your car more at risk on the track than on the street?

19. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    to protect against stone chips. Yes it is. Hot tires on the track are stickier than tires on the street, therefore, cars in front of you will be spitting up more rocks.

20. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    It also helps protect against rubber too. I had at least 6 good black skid marks on the car from rubber off tires. I guess I was so fast that I kept catching the cars in front of me. :) They come out with the right products and a little elbow grease.

21. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Ah that makes sense, Thanks.

22. The Rig

The Rig Karting

Sep 5, 2006
    Tucson
    Full Name:
    Gerry Shanks
    I think the car in the launch video and the chasing porsche video is a 360, not a 430. dont know if you care or not.

23. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Noted, and changed, thanks! I thought I got a vid of the 430 on the track, but maybe I didn't.