Buy

AZ Independent FCar Mechanics

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by ferrariman1492, Oct 17, 2021.

1. ferrariman1492

ferrariman1492 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 2, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hi Everyone - Has anyone been successful using any independent Fcar mechanics other than Andy Falbo or Alex Traverso? I need a few basic things done on my 83 308 and both are either too busy or just not that interested in the work. It has been a while since I needed anything done. Any/all referrals are welcome. Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
  4. jimmyr

jimmyr Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Have used Steve at EMC, 480 225-7125, in North Phoenix; knows his stuff. Jim

enio45 and technom3 like this.
  5. technom3

technom3 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    For a 308. I'd have Alex do it.

If you can't get Alex to do it.

Steve is great at EMC. Awesome shop. Awesome guy.

Also British Auto Repair. They have Ferrari guys and another thing that is important is they work on older cars ALL the time.

6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Kevin at High Line knows his stuff as well.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ferrariman1492

ferrariman1492 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 2, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    A quick follow-up on this - I ended up taking my car to Exclusive Motorcars in Deer Valley. The service was truly outstanding and those guys know the cars. Amazing cars in there, btw, some great classic Ferraris (a gorgeous Lusso, an F40, and many others) and a quite a few Countachs too. They got me in and out in a few days and I was very pleased with the work. Steve, the owner, is a concours judge and knows his stuff.

Also - had new tires put on my car and used a company called Lugwrench Heroes, who sold them to me, came to my house, and mounted and balanced them onsite. The price was comparable with what Discount Tire charged, and I didn't have to leave the house.

No affiliation with either Exclusive Motorcars or Lugwrench Heroes but thought I'd share the info for anyone needing something similar.

9. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Fountain Hills, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good to hear about your experience at EMC. Last time I went by, they had a quite an array of vintage as well as modern Ferraris. It's good to know that there is a qualified vintage Ferrari shop in the Phoenix area. Alex Traverso has serviced my 360 with great results. He's probably going to retire in the next few years, so an alternative is good to know about.
    Anyone had experience with AZ Collector Cars in Mesa?

10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Steve and his wife Clarissa are the nicest people! When I moved to Goodyear, I went out to their shop and met both, you can't find a nicer, warmer and welcoming couple!

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    These days no question Steve is the guy to go to in Arizona. Steve and his wife are friends specifically because they are good at what they do.

copterjon likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.