AZ speed limit is now 80? | FerrariChat

AZ speed limit is now 80?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by need4speed, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Is this true?

2. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I know they are trying to get it passed...

3. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    The Governor still needs to review and sign the bill, but I doubt she will.

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    For a miniute there i thought i was only driving 10 miles an hour over the speed limit comming back from NM over the weekend :D

5. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Last time I drove thru NM I thought it was 90 I am just wishing it was? It was on the 10 near that prison. I remember my girlfriend driving and telling her to speed up because a freight truck was passing her. She said hell we are doing 90 I said do 100. Which she did to keep from being passed by a semi.

So what is the speed limit now in AZ NM> almost worth a new thread? Fastest speed in USA? Here in ore gone we are hoping DOT will raise it to 70 on a little stretch of I-5 and I -84. Last one on west coast!

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Most Rural streches are 75 MPH One thing on I-10 between Lordsburg and Deming is a "Safety Corridor" where daytime light use and double fines for speeding are highly enforced due too accidents in dust storms.

I know the feeling about getting passed by semis, for i use to drive one that could go 130MPH. I can imagine how scared a passenger car driver can feel getting your doors blown off by one as i use to do it on a daily basis on I-25 between Albuquerque and Las Cruces