AZ Spotters 08! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

AZ Spotters 08!

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by blk, Jan 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    That mondial used to be my car. It was at cars & coffee this past Saturday as well. It's great to see it being enjoyed by the new owner.

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Viper/ Blue with grey stripes on I-10

3. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
  4. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Went to pick up my media credentials at WestWorld for Barrett-Jackson on Monday and saw what appeared to be a 250 GT California SWB (red) in the parking lot. I say "appeared to be" as I didn't get a great look at it (just driving by) and it could've been a kit I suppose...

5. Gallardo Freak

Gallardo Freak Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jameson Apodaca
    Yeah, the one I saw had out of state plates too. But the owner said he lives here and I asked him if he owned any other cars or belonged to any of the clubs. He said there isn't enough time in the day to tell me all the cars he owns and he belongs to the Ferrari Club.

6. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    today i saw a gransport on a trailer in old town.

Saw 6 bentleys in the nieman marcus valet!!
    Saw a yellow 599 in old town with florida plates:)
    360,bentleys, 4 aston martins and a blue alpina B7 by the scottsdale mall today

Ill post pics later

7. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Forgot to add I saw an ornage/black GT3 RS and a maroon V8 vantage roadster on the 101 by the chandler mall

8. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    This was technically y-day, saw a nice fully restored cuda, I was with a bunch of older people, and littler kids, so I just kept my mouth shut, and stared at it on the freeway, too bad the kids were watching Mulan, I wanted to hear that exhaust. Also following it was a Delorean DMC-12. Man, not exotics, but I love seeing those kinds of cars being driven.

9. d-kauf

d-kauf Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    Saw an orange Gallardo pulling out of Players' parking at US Airways Center last night after the Suns game.

Also saw Sarver leave in his Arnage.

10. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    phoenix area, I was on Indian School road, and I saw my first "Spyker" convertible. Dark blue, top down, young guy, not sure bout plates, but could have been dealer plates hanging low

11. DinoScuderia

DinoScuderia Karting

Apr 15, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Saw 2 - 355's today one was a Red Berlinetta and one Red Spider with black wheels at a sports car place on 1st Street in Tempe.

12. Gallardo Freak

Gallardo Freak Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jameson Apodaca
    Saw a orange LP640 Roadster on Elliot and 56 st about 4:05pm today.

13. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    I saw a silver Daytona spyder on a flatbed at Scottsdale & Chaparral this morning. Anyone know it? Is it an original?

14. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Possibly the local car being auctioned Saturday (lot #40) at Gooding & Company.

15. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    10-4 you're right.

16. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Saw the same car on Saturday night down in old town. It was parked with the valet by Cowboy Ciao. Talked with the valet about the car for a couple minutes and got a nice up close look at the car.

17. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M

Turns out the car is being driven by the two reps for spyker, one being a cute girl. Spyker has a tent at Barrett-Jackson, and she started to chat with me about the cars right when I walked into the tent hehe

18. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Spyker has a tent at B-J? Where? I've been twice now (and will be going at least once or twice more) and haven't seen it and it's not listed in the "All Area Access" paper I got (which lists all the booths). I absolutely love Spykers, so I definitely don't want to miss it.

19. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    They sell them thru Park Place LTD, which is where the 3 or so spykers are located. It is in to the left of the large tent #2, near the red 1950 tractor trailer that is too big for the tents. Astons are there as well. The blue spyker they are driving is in the lot near the mechanical fire breathing monster thats for sale.

tell the girl that you read about the spykers thru a ferrarichat spotters thread lol hehe The girl is very polite, and glad to talk to car people

20. sccchiii

sccchiii Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 29, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Was lucky enough to get a ride in the 1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt yesterday at the Biltmore when it was getting video taken for the rm auction.

21. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Looked for it a bit and asked someone about it and couldn't find it. Though, I'll be going back at least once more.

22. pat_ernzen

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Awesome. I saw it while it was at the Curves of Steel exhibit. I think I'm going to head down to RM tomorrow and possibly Friday for the auction as well.

23. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Rode with the 8 lambos from pavilions to Russo and Steele today. Tons of pics that im editing. Also saw jags from the jaguar club come in.
    Went to B-J and saw a yellow gallardo spyder, black testarossa, joes 430 and new GTC, about 5 bentleys, T-Rex, DB9, DB7, Maseratis all over.

On the freeway I saw a Gullwing!, techart turbo, black phantom, white M6 and drove next to a black Apina B7. Its already crazy by Russo and Steele and BJ!

24. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Was the Gullwing black, with silver hood and some red pinstriping? If so, its was on B-J as a Fantasy Bid. They also said it was a recreation.

25. Gallardo Freak

Gallardo Freak Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jameson Apodaca
    saw all the same cars, except it was 9 Lambos, and the Gullwing was silver with red interior. Didn't see the Phantom and the Apina B7 that I drove next to was red.