News

AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Robb, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Whisky

Whisky F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains aka Nebraska
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    As far as Sturgis goes, I see a ton of them trailer their Harleys there, or a couple of hours
    away from there, then unload and drive them in... I don't see many ride their Harleys all
    the way there from SoCal, AZ, Fla, Conn, etc. I'm in Omaha.

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2013
    MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have never been to Sturgis and have always wanted to go. A couple years ago I was going to do the trip from Mass., but my wife really objected. I know I won't be able to do it this summer because we have other trips planned, but I haven't given up on the thought of it.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Been to Sturgis but never during the wanna be biker rally. Pretty country for a ride if you don't have to share the roads with Scooter Scum.

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2013
    MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Brian, I hadn't heard that term before. Who exactly are "Scooter Scum"?

(Hoping I'm not included in the defintion :D)

5. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Dirt bags on motorcycles.

6. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    If you guys are on the fence about the track day at Apex Motorsport club let me help with the decision. Do it! I drove the track on Wednesday and it is really fantastic. It is both fast and technical with a variety of early apex, late apex and long sweeping turns. The only downside is the location, but even so, it is totally worth it.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2013
    MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Whew! My wife thinks I'm a little sketchy at times, but definitely not a dirt bag. :D

Last year at Watkins Glen they had a "Taste of the Track" where you could go on the track with an instructor for 30 minutes. I didn't see it on the schedule this year, but it would be nice if they did that again.

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Oct 29, 2010
    Why is the location a downside?

9. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The track is in Maricopa, south of Phoenix. It is about 25 minutes from Firebird Raceway (if you are familiar with that) or about 45-50 minutes from the host hotel.

10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Oct 29, 2010
    thanks. I saw where it was and 50 minutes to a great track seems like nothing (we are spoiled here in PHX to have tracks in the city...where I've lived previously, tracks were a many hour drive to get to). So I was thinking perhaps you meant something other than just distance. Can't wait to try out that track...

11. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Thats not that big a deal. When the meet was in Toronto, Mosport was quite a haul and even Watkins Glen is not all that close to Corning.

12. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Well, i just wasn't sure if the distance would matter since some don't like to put miles on their F car. Of course, I should have thought it through that those who take their car to the track probably don't share that concern. :)