Baby seats in mondials | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Baby seats in mondials

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Modificata, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Jim could you show us a pic of the 4-point belts u installed?
    Thanks, Dave

2. rascalif

rascalif Karting

Dec 20, 2003
    Southern California
    Don't know about baby seats, but child seats work fine on my Mondial. Of course, I had to supplement the lap belt with tether straps connected to a bracket bolted to the engine firewall behind the seats. Note my daughter's feet having to deal with the tight space, however. And my wife (8 months pregnant, God love her) so loves having to squeeze into the very low front seat.

Here's a pic:

3. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    #28 abarre, Mar 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I changed the belts in my back seat to the old-fashioned manual adjusting kind. I could never get the ratcheting tensioner to lock in a good position.

Now they work pretty well with child seats. The seats will still move around a bit due to the high position of the anchor points, but definitely steady enough. Saved the original belts for resale of course.

My 3 and 5 year olds love going for top-down "red car" rides!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. rascalif

rascalif Karting

Dec 20, 2003
    Southern California
    That is just too weird. Same car, same color, same age of kids (son is 5 and daughter is 3). For a minute there I thought I had posted this!

5. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Great minds think alike! The only reason I got the Mondial was to haul the kids around....

Enjoy!

6. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    #31 MondialTCab, Mar 31, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had intended to do so earlier but just had not had a moment to get the pic...here 'tis. The rear mounting points were drilled through the rear shelf and tied into a square tubing I made to match the frame, I used the stock mounting points for the belts in the bottom. I have heard folks mention "but you drilled through the leather" and I can only guess they value their cars more than their kids with an attitude like that! I think I mentioned before that these were Sparco Clubman belts that I had cut to fit a child at the tightest and an adult at the largest. (Trust me...they really will fit both sizes...I sat back there on a side excursion through Yosemite during the FCR this year and I am 6' - 220.

- JMG
    Image Unavailable, Please Login