Back To Setup Screen in 488GTB | FerrariChat

Back To Setup Screen in 488GTB

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by liquid360, Jul 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    My 488GTB is in that mode in which it goes to parking sensor mode on left screen at under 6mph. I’m trying to deactivate this, but can’t get back to setup menu on left screen, it simply won’t leave parking mode on left when still. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    If the parking system thinks that there is something that is too close to the car, it takes priority and will not the setup menu appear. Does it show that it thinks that there is an obstacle in front of the car? (green, yellow or red segment on the display). If if shows an obstacle, but there is nothing in front of the car (out in the middle of an empty parking lot), then you probably have a defective parking sensor. The sensors are very delicate, and a slight rock hit from gravel at the front of the car will destroy a parking sensor.
    You can press the sensor defeat button (overhead button behind the center interior light button with a P, and a cone with a slash through it). This will momentarily disable the front parking sensors so you should be able to access the setup menu. Once you shift from reverse to forward, the system will turn back on again. There is no way to turn it off other than the overhead switch.

liquid360 and vjd3 like this.
  3. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    Exactly the advice I needed! Much thanks! I went to Ferrari of Atlanta last week for a duplicate key and 10000mile service. I told them about the issue. Something was definitely wrong/not functioning.
    While they did the work, I traded the 2017 GTB for a 2018 Spider. I obviously can’t be trusted to wander a Ferrari dealership. And so I never heard what ended up being wrong, but might call today to find out, for posterity and reference. Someone else might wanna know someday. Will post what I find out.
    Thank You!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Look up in the ceiling console. There may be a button that cancels the setting

5. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    Yeah, in my 488 spider, the front and rear parking sensors come on when I select Reverse. When I leave reverse, the front sensor stays on and the only way to turn it off is with the button in the center of the overhead console. I also use this button to turn on just the front sensor when parking nose in to a dicey spot. One day (year?) I'll figure out how long the nose really is.

6. Andre84

Andre84 Rookie

Nov 10, 2022
    Thank you very much! That alarm was driving me crazy!

7. Andre84

Andre84 Rookie

Nov 10, 2022
    I had the same issue. This post saved my sanity!