Back with a 458 Spider! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Back with a 458 Spider!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by QueueCumber, May 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    It's weird. I wonder if there was a quiet ECU upgrade flash on 458s coming back into the dealers for resale. This 2013 definitely seems much more zippy, aggressive, and responsive than either my 2010 Italia or Speciale.
    '
    It could be because I spent the last year driving a GT4 and 991.1 TTS, but holy crow, this thing feels insanely fast off the line compared to what I remembered (also very throttle sensitive). And I have some decent mods/tune in my TTS...

2. sbenus

sbenus Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2009
    San Juan
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Beautiful car Enjoy! I was thinking along the same lines as you regarding the exhaust. So far I just had the valves permanently opened by disconnecting the vacuum line. It’s pretty loud on cold start up in the garage. Still haven’t gotten used to it but if I do I had been looking at the Kline inconel set up with the ceramic coating for sound and weight savings. Probably won’t do it for a little while though. If you do, would love to see how yours goes. Mine didn’t have the premium audio system either so the guys at Ai design did a minor update with focal speakers and a signal processor. I didn’t want the added weight of the sub since the engine is what really makes most of the music anyways. They do great work so I recommend them if you need anything done to your car

QueueCumber likes this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Racing seats with Alcantara for the win.

4. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    Definitely will. I'll post videos if I end up doing it. I'd be doing it through Sam at By Design, who has done all my Porsche mods via a local installer around the Fairfield CT area.

sbenus likes this.
  5. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    Sweet! My Italia was rosso corsa, albeit tan interior.

6. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulations! Beautiful spec!

QueueCumber likes this.
  7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Good choice. Definitely more fun than the Porsche I would expect. Not knocking Porsche but that has been my experience.

QueueCumber likes this.
  8. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    Absolutely! Very different experience than the Porsche. It’s why I had to get back into one. Porsche 991.1 even with mods is incredible fun in its own way for pure blast-off speed and comfort, but it lacks that 458 x-factor.

9. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    Upgraded to Rossa Subscribed. Seems like they downgraded some features of Silver from two years ago, or am I remembering wrong? Didn't they have the garage with Silver previously? :confused:

Actually, the entire site had a nice look and feel upgrade I guess. I do like it better...

10. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    How did you get the "Owner" tag on your profile? I remember the site having something like that years ago, but I can't that registration page now (or the garage page either!).

11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Here is the thread that explains it. It sort of makes you meet up with some of the people on the board in the meat world. I went to some FCA events and met people who then vouched for me.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-ferrari-owners-forum.194633/

QueueCumber likes this.
  12. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    Just put a valve controle unit between it with remote.
    Then you can decide what you want when you want it.
    Works great.

QueueCumber likes this.
  13. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Beautiful spec. Timeless beauty! Enjoy in good health!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

QueueCumber likes this.
  14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Afonsolaw and QueueCumber like this.
  15. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    Thanks!

My first two were red colors. I wanted something more subtle this time.

16. Julianfp

Julianfp Rookie

Aug 9, 2020
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Julian Farren-Price
    Purchased a 2014 Spider last year. First Ferrari and wanted a NA engine like my 911.1GTS which I kept. The extra cost of the spider is worth it for the retractable rear window let alone the full convertible. Car had remote for exhaust valves which is a must I believe. Especially with the Mase engineering ecu tune which brings back all the crackles and pops. Absolutely no need to change the stock exhaust with this set up. Heaven!

17. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014