Bad Experience: ************.Com | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bad Experience: ************.Com

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by enzomoon, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Yikes... I decided to take a look since I have some stuff on order from ************.com... sheesh...

C'mon guys, remember the first two rules of Internet forums:

1) Never feed the trolls! (Even if it seems like fun at the time, it just encourages them to the point that they become unbearable later to all the people you really want to be hearing from.)

2) Never wrestle with a pig! (You'll just get all dirty and start smelling like the pig; and the pig enjoys it.)

Brian

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, everybody cool down, including me. I would close the thread, but I want to wait until Jack responds.

************.com questioners: Be patient until Jack returns.

NNO: These posts aren't adding to your "quality" post count. I keep a secret and separate listing for those. :D

NNO Haters: NNO doesn't say anything offensive or off color ever, except for this thread. ;) He posts a bunch, but IMHO they are a positive contribution to the community. I don't think he'll post this much forever or he'll wear his fingers down to nubs. :) Just ignore him if you need too.

3. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

I am sorry that this thread has deteriorated. My only intention was to find out if anyone else had a similar experience to mine and to express my frustration with the situation.
    Rob, please let me know if/when you hear something from Jack. I will assume that this is still a misunderstanding/poor communication issue and keep the faith that the items will come.

Regards,

Mark

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Put me on the list of people who have dealt with Jack and ************ with flawless results. Basically, I think any company should be allowed a few mistakes. They should have been a little more thorough in their follow-through, however, but Jack's probably not yet aware that your order is unresolved. I'll guarantee nobody is scamming anyone...

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
  6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Gosh, I must have missed a good thread while being too absorbed in the various members of the Jackson family.
    :)

What happened? What about DES? Did some messages get deleted. Gosh, you blink and 5 episodes of 'Days of our F Lives' go by.

As far as Jack is concerned: I dealt with him in the past and he is a good and honest bloke. But he is not always home or not too organized. I went for some periods without feedback. He isn't scamming anybody, he is just busy elsewhere. I'm positive he'll resolve this once he sees it.

7. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Well, I hope you are right. I actually mispoke earlier when I stated that my order was first placed in early December. I actually still have the email from Jack confirming my order and that the credit card was approved. It was dated 11/25/03!!! Since then I have sent a handful of emails. As of 1/13/04 he knew I still hadn't received the items and replied that he would get back with me....he never did. So, I think its fair to say he has known for some time that the issue is unresolved.
    I asked him in an email today to simply refund my charges.

8. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I moved it to this thread

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ah, got it. The good, the bad and the ugly place. Have all the caballeros already dug their graves?

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Pretty well, I'd say.

I'm gonna order the signed Schumi Hat, and I don't care WHEN it arrives!

That's why we drive Italian cars. You have to be laid back about these things.

If I got any further laid back, I'd fall over.

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    If you fell over, you'd just land in a stray go kart! :D

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ...... and sleep there. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

13. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Maybe hes really sick again?

14. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    OK, here I am again, at last....

First of all, let me apologize for any delays in responding to this thread, to Enzomoon's emails and the other guys that warned me about this thread (thank you guys!).

Second, let me assure you that NOBODY will get ripped off by us, not intentionally, nor by accident.

The reason for the delay in responding is that the last two weeks have been a plain nightmare for us. We switched to a new computer system that didn't run as it was supposed to, the migration of archives was screwed up and the support was poor. On top of that, we are a small company and our tax department requires us to "close the books" for 2003 on December 31 which meant taking inventory etc in the busiest period of the year.

I was able to maintain the webistes from another computer and had some limited email traffic (with the help of our provider). Having been off line for 3 days meant we had to download over 5,000 email messages, totalling over 24 MB as the spam filters weren't working. We had to zift through all these messages manually to find the messages that mattered and discard the spam messages and that was just for a 3 days period!

I trust that anybody who questioned our integrety in the mean time will see that this has kept us pretty busy.

On the shipment to Enzomoon, our version:

The order was placed late November and dispatched immediately.

Early December we ran an inventory count and found one of the books that was supposed to go to Enzomoon too many in stock. Checking the records revealed that it was indeed his. I contacted him about this myself even before his initial shipment had arrived and we dispatched the missing book directly upon that, with our apologies. If I wanted to pull a scam, would I contact him myself about that? Don't think so...

Enzomoon contacted us mid January that it hadn't arrived yet. I replied on January 13 that I would investigate which I did.

The problem is that the USPS does NOT cooperate with other postal services in this world which means that there is NO electronic tracking possible. The reality is that I have to go to the postoffice here, fill in forms which are then sent to the USA and the tracking is done "by hand" whereby the form gets sent from "station to station" until it reached the addressee. The usual outcome is that somewhere along the line the forms get lost and our postal service doesn't hear back from the USPS after a certain period, they come with the message "unable to track shipment" and when the shipment is insured, they pay out.

So far, I have not heard back from our postal service.

Also, the general practice is that ANY shipment we make to the USA, is IN the USA within a day and a half. There is not much handling for the postal service, it says "USA" so that's where it is going. The rest of the delivery time is consumed by the US customs service with customs clearance, security checks (!) and the actual delivery. However, we are always held responsible for any delays. Not totally fair but still understandable.

I don't have the book that is missing in stock right now but there are a couple on the way to us and as soon as they get here, I will send Enzomoon another one, free of charge of course.

I am terribly sorry about this messed-up shipment but these things happen when the goods have to go half way around the world. I also realize that it takes 1,000 perfect transaction to compensate for a messed-up one but as you all have read in other posts in this thread, we have a pretty good record and will NEVER rip off ANYBODY.

Rest assured that if you don't hear from me immediately, there is a good reason for it.

Enzomoon, I'll copy this in an email message to you just in case you're not reading this.

Best regards,
    Jack Habits
    www.************.com

15. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    good to hear from you, jack.

good luck with the new systems - sounds like a mess.

doody.

16. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Thanks Doody, it WAS mess but we're almost there now. Sigh....

Jack

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I had faith as well. You have some cool stuff at reasonable prices.

I'll take my gf's credit card and get that Schumi Hat!

See ya soon.

18. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I just wanted to chime in here and give Jack Habits my support here.........All, and I mean ALL my past transactions have been flawless and handled with utmost professionalism. I wouldn't hesitate one second to continue my patronage of ************.com in the future!

19. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Bottom line:
    Thread title needs to be changed to Bad Experience: USPS & Customs.

20. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I've never done business with you, but I must say, your response lends a lot of credibility to your work and business ethics.

I feel for Enzomoon, but after reading your side, I'm confident his situation will be resolved, and you seem very dedicated to making him happy.

I commend you for doing what you can to fix an unfortunate mess-up.

Good luck with your new system, and I now know where to go if I wanna buy some F-car stuff.

21. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seems to me like it would make sense to use a shipping service you can track better, no? Or at least make that available to people as an option, even though it may cost more. Just a cya(cover your _ss)idea.

22. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    The USPS *DOES* have a good tracking system in place, but what happens is every countries tracking system is different. So something from the UK probably doesn't get assigned a tracking number, and just goes "into the mix".

I have this same problem when I ship overseas. The USPS says 4-5 days, but 3-4 weeks later it will arrive. The USPS says "well we hand it off to their customs guys and that's that". Brilliant. Then if you try to "track it", you fill out a form, which gets sent to the RECEIVING countries postal service, which then starts some 7-10 day process of tracking the package down. Usually, in my experience with foreign countries, this tracking request gets them off their ass and the package gets delivered.

USPS is cheap for overseas shipments, but I *ALWAYS* tell people I can't track it, and it may take up to 3 weeks or to for it to be delivered. They get the choice - pay $70-100 for FedEx and customs-cleared 3-4 day delivery to their door, or pay $15-20 for USPS and "wait it out" until they get a call or letter to come to their local office and pick up the shipment and pay the duties. They ALWAYS choose the latter.

23. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob

Jack - sent you a pm yesterday about my order.

24. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Interesting thread.

We only use Fedex for shipping abroad and so far few problems....

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was going to say this, but couldn't remember who you used. Everytime you've shipped me something it arrived in less than a week.