Bad news on the 328 :-( | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bad news on the 328 :-(

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Apr 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Jerry, if you don't go to the breakfast on Sunday will you drop me a line? I'd LOVE i said i said LOVE to see your Testarossa!!!!!!!! PM me if you've lost my number.

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I took the 328 to a body shop today that had a contract with Ferrari of Beverly Hills called European Motor Car Works. After looking at the welds, they don't believe anything is needed. They pointed out that the welds were just for different unstructural significant brackets - Like the weld for the bracket that is just for the headlamp to bolt onto. They said the welds were fine, were just a little "overdone." - Meaning more buildup than necessary.

Just put it up on Ferrari Ads for sale to see if there is any interest. :)

http://www.ferrariads.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=1397&query=retrieval

3. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Good news man! Glad to hear it. :)

4. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Jerry,
    Come back over to my house with your digital camera and take a few shots of the welds on my car. As you saw Saturday, the welds on my car are just about the same as your's. As the front area of my car is very accessible you can get some good shots to show a possible buyer that your's are OK. I'll be gone all week but will back on Saturday. If you want to come by give me a call.

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Lou, that is a great idea. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics from Saturday posted - I had a great time! :)

6. lou staller

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures also! David took most of them and thought he was going to post them. David, you out there?

7. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Hey Lou!!! I don't know if you realized it up but I did post the pictures! :) I don't know who saw them, but I posted them in the thread linked below. Enjoy!

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15899&page=1&pp=20&highlight=lou

P.S. Thank's again Lou for hosting that event, I had a great time. Hope you got enough pics!

8. lou staller

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Oops! I didn't see them until now. I was out of town all week and fell out of touch. Ok, now I'm back and lovin F Chat again!
    Thanks David. It was a ball having the guys over for a while. We'll have to do it again when I make some progress on the car. Take care...

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    See????? I TOLD you factory welds were ugly!!!!!!!

As R&T once said from inside a 250GTO "If you gave a welder a kit car and it came out like this, you'd say'The Welder ruined my kit car'" LOL!

Good news, congrats!!