Bahrain race discussion - Spoilers likely | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bahrain race discussion - Spoilers likely

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GrigioGuy, Apr 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    One has to be an F1 driver to recognize a horribly uncompetitive team? The only time we see a Minardi is when they're 3 laps down getting in the way of some other battle. Even NASCAR has a minimum speed rule to keep dangerously slow cars off the track.

Give me umteen million dollars, the world's best engineers, and a year, and yes, I could build a transmission. :D

In fairness, if it had just been one issue then no big deal, but Rubens also fought a transmission issue all weekend. I'm certain that the engineering team will straighten this out by the next race.

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    How many races have YOU been in? Zero?

Are you done making stupid arguements? The Minardi's were 3 and 4 laps down at the end. They don't belong in F1 much less any other series. Truth is, had the race run full distance for Minardi, their cars would have been down 7 laps +.

Now, tell me again exactly how many F1 races YOU have been in.

I want to know your name.

The F1 Team you raced for.

And the results you posted whilst racing.

If you can't furnish that, then you can hardly blame me for being an "armchair" anything.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't think Minardi should be out of F1, they're the ticket for many drivers to start in F1. If they and Jordan were to leave, the only new drivers to come into F1 will probably have gotten in through massive connections.

4. wasibferrarinutter

Aug 13, 2004
    The look of schumi's face said it all. It seems there is some very bad decision making going on at ferrari at the moment with the belief that they were going to be competitive with the interim model and the rush of the F2005 model. Reliablity was always the core of the ferrari team and now they havent got that they could struggle. Its a good job they have 3 weeks to sort the problems out. Also now that they have used the F2005 does that mean they cannot go back and use the F2004 interim model?

The race was entertaining though espeicaly pedro de la roso who was driving fast as well as making mistakes and its good to see toyota finally getting some points

5. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Korr,
    Don't get your knickers in a twist. If you're this easily excited on the Internet it's no wonder you've never raced. You might hurt yourself or somebody else. ;)
    Listen. Everybody has the right to an opinion, it's just that on this forum there is, at times, a nasty edge to these opinions. Don't you think it's uncallled for to say that 'Minardi should be thrown out' and like comments? Can't we just say 'they raced poorly' or 'they're doing the best they can with those Cosworths' or 'hey, I admire a F1 team which can operate with 1/5 the personnel as the major teams and is almost totally capitalized by one man, the owner, Paul Stoddard' ?
    And.......BOTH Minardis finished the race. :)
    Just show a little more respect for those who have managed to accomplish what most of us only dream of. They are not the best......but they're there. Don't let the elitist, exclusionist, Ferrari owner's attitude so easily rear its ugly head. It isn't pretty. After all, even winners didn't start out that way. ;)
    Peace, love, and happiness.

FORZA MINARDI !!!!

Tom (I love an undergog will ba&&s)

6. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia
    tsk tsk .. don't argue kids !

hehehahahahahhahaheheh

I love this !

7. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4

You didn't answer my question. What is your name, and who have you raced for?

8. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Or we can quit being full of **** and just call a spade a spade. Minardi suck, they don't belong on the grid. They suck! You want me to sugar coat it? Ok. Minardi sucks ass they are a global laughing stock!

Yes...we all hope to be a global laughing stock with no hope of winning anything. We all hope to be at the wrong end of bad suck jokes. Maybe people like you identify yourselves with losers, but...but...no one else does.

9. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The race is about WINNING. It is not about being able to finish minutes off the pace.

So what? They finished the race? I could field Gentry in spandex on a skateboard and he would finish it too. He might even finish it a lap or two ahead of Minardi.

No one cares about who came in last or if they finished.

10. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia
    You're all wrong.

Minardi don't suck. Ferrari suck.

Get with the program people !

LOL !

11. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Pistole, your name couldn't be more obvious if you had chosen Wamrlovingoralallanfan24504.

Save us the cloak and dagger and just log on as yourself, Mako.

:D

12. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As hard as it is to get that image outta my head, jokes like that arent even funny. We all know we shouldnt joke about the "great large one" (Tm), especiialy in a thread that involves something great like F1.

Its like a brown **** stain on pure white satin sheets....:D

All BS aside. This was Mclarens race IMO. Hopefully they can sort out their qualy problems and get a good decent first stint in the race, and then they might have a shot at the awesome renaults.

Alonso is driving like a god at the moment....

13. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    hey at least formula one audiences are up 50% over last year, ferrari just couldnt dominate again from a buisness standpoint

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Make no mistake my friend.

Despite the poor performance, Ferrari will ALWAYS dominate from a business standpoint....

15. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I think that BANNED USER title suits you just fine. TROLL!!!

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I hope he understands that he got banned for trolling behavior, not because he was happy Ferrari lost.

17. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Exactly.

18. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Man this is looking bad i hope Ferrari aren't planning on trying to beat there 1980 F1 season record.

They need better tires so bad...maybe they should steal a set of Michellins from one of the other teams and write Bridgestone on them :D

Anyone else here think that during the talks between Bernie and Ferrari that Bernie may have asked Ferrari to blow off a couple of races....hmmmm.

19. diode

diode Rookie

Dec 5, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Seems to me that the man posts his name in his signature and he has a picture of himself in a FV.

FV's aren't the fastest cars around but it was/is one of the most competitive classes of race cars you could imagine. In my view, a guy who has had the experience of running a race in a group like that - who's come back in after the checkered covered in sweat when the ambient is in the 40 - 50 degree F range deserves some respect. Reason is that he - like Minardi - has entered the ring - which surely moves you up a few notches above those who haven't.

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The tires suck, no question, but I think there is more trouble than "just" that. The gearbox problems are one obvious point. But there might be even more: The car isn't simply that fast (engine?, aeros?) and I'm not sure the excessive abuse of the Bridgestones is only the tires fault. Tires and chassis are supposed to go hand in hand and look at the amount of downforce Ferrari had to put on the rear wing to keep the car on the track.

The only good news is, that this is the longest season, so they have some time to play catch up. But at this moment Alonso and his Renault look bulletproof.

21. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Very true. In support of your arguement we should look at the other B runners. Are they experiancing a similar tire wear issue?

22. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Personally, I dont see that much difference between last year and this year. All we have is substitution of the roles played by Ferrari and BAR last year with Renault and Toyota.

Last year there was nice bit of dicing and overtaking in the mid-pack. This year seems the same.

What I wish for is more competition upfront. We need the Mclarens to qualify better and Ferrari to get a grip on the 05 car.

Then we will have a cracker of a season!

Kudos to Alonso for putting in a masterful drive. He shows that he can race up the field well (Australia) and control the race from upfront (last two races). In race trim he is smooth, fast and utterly consistent. His only weakness last year was over-exuberance during qualification. This year he has sorted that out as well. Fisichella must be seeing the writing on the wall.

I am sure Ferrari will sort out their troubles - I just hope it will not be too late for them to mount a championship bid. Alonso is 24 points ahead already. The pained look on Michael's face spoke volumes.

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The Tires suck .

24. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I knew it was a mistake to bring the F2005 in Bahrain. The grearbox is fragile.
    You can't imagine how angry I was to see MS out of the race. He was right behind FA and I think he would have a shot to overtake him. But would his Bridgestones be okay at the end of the race. I don't think so.
    Rubens had a good start but his tyres degraded badly at the end. BTW he used Michael's set-up which doesn't not suit his driving style. Overall...a weekend to forget for RB and Ferrari.

Alonso drove perfectly. I don't understand why Renault are having problems with reliability on Fisichella's car. In Malaysia he had problems with his car before he was involved in the incident. Now today...
    Midseason of 2004...Trulli's Renault was very slow compare to FA and Briatore accused Jarno that he was the one who's slow. I hate Briatore.

De la Rosa ... He is the man of the race. He made 2 mistakes but at least he tried. Thumbs up! :)

Villeneuve...I can't beleive Coulthard hit JV in the final laps. What was DC thinking? JV would had a 1 point. Anyway JV is getting more in more used to his car. He was always in the 1.33-1.34 like Massa during the race.

25. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    I don't think MS tires would have held up so well by the end. Alonso alluded to that in the press conference. He said even if MS had passed him at the beginning stage, his car [Alonso's] would have been better mid to later stage of the race.

Yah Briatore seems to be an a$$. Oh well!

De La Rosa did well considering he hasn't raced in 3 years. But it was entertaining to watch him pass Webber and the RB. Too bad he made 2 mistakes he may have pass Ralf.

When did DC hit JV? I didn't see that!