Bahrain Sunday Qualifying 2 (Spoilers) | FerrariChat

Bahrain Sunday Qualifying 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Admiral Thrawn, Apr 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    #1 Admiral Thrawn, Apr 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Something on Barrichello's car failed again towards the end of his hotlap, and he coasted over the finish line to come to a halt on the start straight. Still, a great lap from Michael at least...

Yet again Raikkonen does dismally, this time being out-qualified by his temporary teammate. McLaren in general have so far been a long way from living up to the pre-season hype.

Williams on the other hand are looking good, and Toyota again is impressing big-time. If BAR-Honda was the surprise act in 2004 of a team with a Japanese engine supplier, then Toyota are certainly filling that role for 2005!

:)

3. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    said something re: Gearbox on Formula1.com..

4. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Excellent grid - the top 4 are from 4 different teams - should be interesting race to watch.

Poor Rubens - hope his car makes the race.... I thought the lap time was poor because he might have been going out on full tanks

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Pete

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The scary part is that Toyota (company) has been blaming their drivers for their poor performance -- now that they have better drivers, they're tearing up the track. Good grief, could the suits have been right? ;)

Actually, I'm rooting for Trulli to spank the Renaults with a Toyota. (I wonder if Heidi Klum is, too. ;))

Rubino is going to change his middle name to "Job". I hope he's been promised P1 at Ferrari after Michael goes; Rubins has had to put up with getting Schumi's hand-me-down left-over parts.

7. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Great Q2 lap from Ralf! And impressive from de la Rosa and Webber. Horrible from Fisichella. Race strategies?

Anyone have a list of just the Q2 lap times and rankings? It would be interesting to see who's likely to be starting the race with faster times that the people in front of them.

8. CabooseF430

CabooseF430 Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    I love that face michael made when alonso made P1

9. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I still think the current rule changes are lousy. I don't like the way they qualify for the start either.
    I hope M.S. hangs in there and hangs on. I don't think the car is up to snuff yet. He may not be able to really push the car as it looks problematic.