Bahrain Update | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bahrain Update

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by formula1joe, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
  2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Replay is at 9pm EDT.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually he made more comments about the track in the post qualifying conference where he called it technically difficult and tricky, which is pretty much what I thought myself.

Also interesting how the commentators (Hobbs that is) picked up on the somewhat odd corners like the hairpin (which has a turn leading into it) and the last corner which has an additional flick to it. Both turns were difficult in the sim as well.

4. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    As he got out of his car and the corner workers were warily approaching, David Hobbs was saying, "Oh don't get too close, don't get too close!"

I actually feel sorry for him. I bet they make Norbert Haug hitch-hike back to England. Or will he blame Mario from Ilmor?

5. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    I just read that Ferrari received a $10,000 fine for Rubens nearly running into trulli as he exited the pits after the 2nd (?) stop. Also, Ralf was considered "at fault" for the Sato incedent and received a reprimand.

6. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    The new track looks nice. The drivers must like driving on such a smooth track, especially after Malaysia. Did you hear they gave away a brand new 360 Modena as a door prize! wow. And another interesting fact, the Formula 1 race weekend contributes 4% of Bahrains GNP. I thought that was pretty amazing (even considering that their GNP is low, and 4% = almost $80 million).