Barber Historics - May 19 - 21 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Barber Historics - May 19 - 21

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Drew Altemara, May 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Does anyone know if this event will happen in 2018? Barber's website already has dates up for the Indy GP, MotoAmerica, and Vintage bike festival, but not this. I knew attendance was pretty low and didn't improve the second year (I didn't go for the third event this past May). Thanks.

2. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    I spoke with Barbers a couple weeks ago and they said not this year. Hopefully bring back in 2019. Appears they are going to repack the track as well.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I cant help the feeling that Barbers just is not interested.

4. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    I hope they do it in 2019. Its one of my favorite events. Especially if thy have the old F1 cars. Love looking and listening to them in the paddock. Drew

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Sigh...that and MotoAmerica are really the only events I enjoyed. Indy is OK...I went because of the PWC and hearing the different cars (Bentley, McLaren, AMG, etc). Vintage bike fest is okay, but I can't relate much as I like modern sport bikes.

6. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Yes. The times I went I got the distinct feeling they were just going through the motions. Hopefully they will regroup and make a bigger effort in the future.

I do really enjoy the Indy weekend, so will plan to be at that. Any word on what the support series races will be this year?

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Porsche GT3 Cup USA and Mazda Prototype again: https://porschegt3cupusa.imsa.com/schedule-results/race-schedule
    https://prototypechallenge.imsa.com/schedule-results/race-schedule

Pirelli World Challenge out again for a second straight year so I'll pass on making that trip to Leeds again. I really prefer PWC over spec series like Indy and Pcar GT3. PWC will be at VIR after that weekend and at Long Beach the weekend before.