Barber Motorsports Track (Birmingham) March 5 2005 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Barber Motorsports Track (Birmingham) March 5 2005

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Mike C, Nov 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    I just got back from the Barber Motorsports Track this weekend. What a beautiful track!!!!! Its deffinately one of the nicest facillitys I've been to and the museum is incredible! The track itself was alot of fun, alot of high speed turns and elevation changes..... the straights were not too long (hit about 110-115). I'll post up some pics from the porsche driving expirience later this week. Wish I could head up there again in March with ya'll but I don't get to much time off. Enjoy!

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    ANDY (and others) -- GOOD NEWS... I just received permission from the folks running Barber that we *CAN* have convertibles/spyders participate at our track event there... we just have a second "spyder waiver" that those car owners have to sign.

Mike

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    We're probably going have an F40 and/or an F50 there -- the guy I talked to this evening hadn't decided which one to bring, or to maybe bring BOTH!!!

4. 355flyer

355flyer Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2004
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Andy Entrekin
    Bring both.... I can help drive :):):)

5. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Anyone here in Atlanta, or north of Atlanta (I'm in Cumming) who is going and who would have room to carry 4 extra wheels with them?

I want to drive my 911 over, but not on the track tires so if I can get someone to help me haul them it would be a huge help. If not, Ill try to recruit someone to drive my Trooper over with them and hang out.

Terry

6. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I can take them for you. I am going to watch and to take some shots. I guess payment for transportation could be a ride, :), just need a helmet. But I should have some free space. So are you bringing along the Daytona too or just the Porsche?

Joe Cunningham
    706-621-0671

7. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Terry, give me a call at work tomorrow if you have a chance. I may be able to help with this. Walt 404-515-7013

8. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    i really wish i could go, but my uncle is getting married that weekend, so i'll have to come to the next one.

9. whupwhup

whupwhup Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Full Name:
    Kash
    Hi everyone,

This track is wonderful - very technical indeed vs pure flat out speed. I did the Porsche Driving Experience in 2003 and it was a blast. I don't own an F-car but if possible (gotta confirm with the wife when she returns from Grand Cayman) can I hitch along with someone or I can be transportation for other people, I live in Buford, GA to be precise. I'd be happy to just watch and take pictures & video from the tower. :) I'm easy. Is that ok?

Movie of hot laps in the 911 with the instructor.

Movie of my buddy taking the CayenneS for a rip

Movie of cars passing by from the tower

10. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Here is a video of an Atlanta team going around the track in a Kudzu DG-3. It is rotary so is sounds a little different.

http://www.teamspencer.com/video/media/dg3/DG3Birm03.mov

They also have video of Daytona, Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, Road America, Road Atlanta, and Sebring. To see the other videos: http://www.teamspencer.com/video/index.htm

There is a Super Street sign on it because it was at the Hot Import Nights show a couple of months back but, with that aside, it is one awesome car.

11. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Walt and Joe:

Thanks for the replies and sorry for my being slow to get back. I am trying to get my father to drive over and carry them in his truck. IF he cannot, I'll get with you guys.

I wish I could bring the Daytona as well, but I just don't see a way. I will give anyone who wants a ride in the 911, its a fun little car. Don't expect to outrun the 360's and 355's but I will give the others some fun!

Terry

12. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Terry, I was going to offer you the use of my trailer, that wouldn't help you get the Daytona over there but I thought it might help you get the 911 there with your track tires on it. Give me a call if you need it.

13. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

I have no tow vehicle, but thanks for the offer!

Terry

14. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    We'll I'm not gonna be able to make it =(

Was planning a spring break road trip for me and a friend to come down and watch/film some ferraris. BUT it looks like I'm going to hawaii with my family instead! So its not all bad. Tear it up out there guys.

15. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    You're welcome terry, I didn't know if the Trooper would tow it or not. Have a fun day over there.

16. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    I will be attending on Saturday just to ride and take photos/video. Can't wait! I hope the F40/50 shows up.

17. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I am planning on going but is it just for the 5th or is it both Saturday and Sunday?

I am up for a car pool if anyone wants to.

Joe Cunningham

18. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    "FCA Day" is Saturday, and we'll have 20 Ferraris and 20 other cars. Sunday belongs mostly to the other car club... I think there are only 2 Ferraris signed up for Sunday.

19. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Can you give us a recap of who/what is going to be there. Just list off a few things of interest.

Joe C.

20. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Models currently represented (from memory): 308, 328, 330, 348, 348 Challenge, 355, 355 Challenge, 360, Stradale, 456GT, 512TR, 512BBi Boxer... total of 20 Ferraris, and then 20 non-Ferrari cars from the other club. We'll have our own run group.

We're thinking of having an open session at lunchtime where the non-track cars (guests, etc) can go out on the track following a pace car (50 mph limit) just to experience it for aprox 20 minutes. I've done that at other events. If we do it, it will be $20 per car. Since it would be speed-limited, all cars would be welcome and no helmets or special safety equipment would be required. However, this hasn't been approved by the track yet for this event.

21. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    They really need some spots filled for SUN ONLY. Anyone who is interested in Sun email me or call my office 205-967-4080 today and I will make a call for you. Drivers will get a wide open track and you do not need a Ferrari. Don't wait until Fri. to get in touch with me. There are some things you need to do ASAP if you are wanting to do this.
    Remember this is good for Sunday only!

22. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Well, if someone needs a car to have a workout, I have the qulaifications but I don't have the car, but thanks for letting me know.

Joe Cunningham

23. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    If this weekend is bad I can possibly get some people in next weekend with another group. I have been talking with some people about a $199 day out there. I have a meeting with Porsche tomorrow and will know more then.

24. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    That would have to be a BIG group of cars to cover their $15,000 per day plus expenses for ambulance, corner workers, etc.

25. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    What time should I arrive if I'm just going to watch/get some rides?