Barchetta Market Check | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Barchetta Market Check

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Qksilver, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I track this market all the time.

There is no good guide on cars less than 2,000 miles, as people who are sellers of these cars, are just garage queens, and it is all about display and accumulation.

Once you get above 10K miles, you get to the cars where people will drive them. Even if only a little bit.

Having tracked at least 40 to 50 cars around the world, the truth is that all cars over 10K miles are over priced. And because they are overpriced, they are not moving. There is a nice one at Tomini in Dubai. It is $375K (ask). It has 10K km. You can get that car for $300 to $325K, but you have to transport it. It is a light blue color, but in person (I have seen it) it looks silver with blue background tones. It is nice. The color may chill the sale, but if you want a Barchetta, and you want a good price, then this color should not turn you off.

I think that if the seller of these cars dropped their prices below $400K and they were willing to negotiate, then you' see cars trade in the mid 300s.

Until we have some financial stress, people will hold these cars.

The 575 SAs are similarly situated. You can find a good 575 SA out there in the low 300s, but most sellers are asking over 400K.

Buyers have it right. Sellers are sitting on inventory.

So, my advice is that if you pay more than 350K for a car with 10K miles or more, you are overpaying. Some people will overpay, but that's the way of the world.

2. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Nailed it.

3. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Seems rational. What's the deal with importing a euro Barchetta - are you familiar with that? My understanding, from a decent bit of research, is that it is a major cost exercise until they are 25 years old. New bumpers w/ reflectors, lighting, safety devices, glass, certification... and then it's a somewhat bastardized example in our market when it's all said and done. Or am I missing something?

4. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

I have not tracked the cost of converting it, but I have seen one or two. They look nice--hard to tell the difference from a US Version.

5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Will be keeping an eye on Barchettas. If anybody is desperate to sell, shoot me a message! :)

6. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    If you are serious just look around and make offers .. you would really be surprised what reactions you may get. When I bought mine the seller was asking around 150 k more then he sold it for..now I got told NO a lot but then I got a couple of calls back....thats how you tell what the market is...atleast for a car with a few miles say over 5k miles...

anunakki likes this.
  7. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I know of red Euro model with 1100 miles looking for high 400s

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    All true.
    I have sold my SA, Classiche Certified, 15k miles, for $330k and was very happy with that price.

ewright likes this.
  9. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

anunakki likes this.
  10. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Wasn’t this the car that sat at Ferrari Newport Beach for the better part of a year? If so, recall an FChat member in another thread saying that it looked a little rough in person and had some gearbox issues.

11. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    I should add that it always looked stunning in pictures and I had not seen it in person myself. For $242k, this seems like a solid purchase regardless of any small issues needing attention.

12. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
  13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The glass roof ain't cheap to replace on the SA.