Barnfind F40 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Barnfind F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Modificata, Jan 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    It can if it's an old style manual reset trip meter, where you twiddle the knob to reset it and it goes "round the clock" past 999 miles to reset to 0

If it's only been partially reset it could show such a mileage

2. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
  3. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Why in the world would you leave an F40 someplace for 10 years?? I have to know the story behind this one.

4. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    The owner dropped it off for an oil change and a few other electrical bits. The garage then went to town and stripped the car! The owner has a collection of about 250 cars, so as amazing as the F40 is he didnt miss it.

In the end the car got repaired and the owner collected. I tried to buy it but the owner just wasnt interested in selling. Shame really.

5. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Wow...are you serious? That just seems amazing to me that someone would drop off a car for an oil change and forget about it for 10 years. I guess the real question is how did the guy finally remember after all of that time where he left the car? Something just sounds goofy there. Did you get a chance to actually talk to the owner?

6. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    Not much of an endorsement for the garage concerned, if it let the car get into this condition..terrible!

7. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    #32 Meeyatch1, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
    I have been thinking about it some more, and that story sounds like that guy must be really stupid. I am sorry, but an oil change does not take long. Maybe a couple of hours. Heck, even if you give them all day, how can someone that wealthy (and presumably halfway intelligent), simply not ask when the oil change would be done and remember to come get the car? Forgetting you left your F40 somewhere is just brain dead behavior. Money does not make it okay, and makes me even more suspicious of him suddenly 'remembering' 10 years later where the car was. If he cannot remember 8 hours later, how can he remember 10 years later? Heck, if he is really that wealthy, he should have EMPLOYEES that take care of that kind of stuff who should have known where the car was. If that story is true, that may be one of the stupidest guys on the planet. I do not care how much money he has.

8. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
    Has anybody ever thought that maybe the guy owns the garage and he knew very well where the car was? safe and sound just a little dusty parked in one of his many businesses and the mechanic just did not want to disclose the real information.

9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Note the hole on the left side of the instrument plate. This was for sure tampered with.

10. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
    #35 BANANA, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
    The hole looks like where the screw that holds the instrument plate goes in. Maybe the instrument plate was removed to correct the electrical fault the car was suffering from. If the guy is as rich as we are led to believe owning 250 cars, believe me he would not care much about tampering with the mileage of any car. I know what kind of person would own 250 cars in saudi arabia and tampering with mileages would be at the bottom of the list. there's always the chance that the car has had the clocks changed for a valid reason too.

P.S: I'm only going by the information supplied to us. Maybe the garage owner lied. Maybe the car used to belong to a rich guy who owns 250 cars but it was bought by a car dealer in the condition it's in who sent it to the mechanic for work and preparation for resale and tampering with the mileage.

Regards,
    BANANA.

11. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  12. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Don't forget; it is Saudi; F40 to someone there is just like a Honda Civic (I think) that is why the F40 looks so rotted - shameful , isn't it.

13. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #38 mattymouse33, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    Either that or maybe the story is a whole load of gumf!

14. LUV 4REZS

LUV 4REZS Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Leonard P
    If he is really that wealthy it seams like he could have bought a cover for the car. That car makes me want to cry seeing it in that kind of condition, really sad to see.

15. microboby

microboby Karting

May 12, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Stolen Car??? , had to be hidden for a decade?

16. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Wow you really are thinking into it way too much. Its pretty straight forward.
    I heard the same thing, but I could not get it confirmed.
    Story is solid. I confirmed it myself, unless you are accusing me of lying?
    Not stolen.

17. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    steve maman here . the car is for real. the owner is for real. the owner wont sell the car. i am the only one that was able to put a deposit on the car 2 years ago. i put a 10k deposit but could never get the owner to sit down and close the deal. i has no time and just way too busy with a refinery he owns.

modificata, lets talk about some other cars out there. i am not able to travel as i used to ...but since you are always around those areas, maybe we can do some buziness ... pm me if you are interested...

18. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    #43 menoy, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks for the update on this F40 - I loved demo's thread about it :)

Why is this in the UK forum though?

19. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Steve - I will PM you later

I originally posted pictures on Demo's thread but decided to post here too as most UK ppl would not have seen it.

20. f333SP

f333SP Karting

May 16, 2009
    FRANCE (Oise)
    Full Name:
    Franck
    #45 f333SP, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Baitschev likes this.
  21. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Irresponsible....

22. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    a real shame,,

23. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Is This car in Jeddah ?

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    is this the car that was in Saudi? looks bit healthier now.

25. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    ^Hopefully, was a shame to see it sitting there and rotting away!