Barrett Jackson Scottsdale info anyone?? | FerrariChat

Barrett Jackson Scottsdale info anyone??

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Duuke, Jan 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Duuke

Duuke Rookie

Jan 4, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Duke Czlonka
    I am coming from Chicago to Scottsdale for the Barrett Jackson auctions and etc. this Thursday June 21st night and heading home Monday the 25th. I have neveer been and looking for suggestions on what to do and how I can get into some of the related events/parties. Cars are my passion but I got a late start on deciding to do this trip and as a result was unable to look into this ahead of time. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks, Duke

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There are actually 5 auctions in town this coming weekend. BJ is just one. Try Russo & Steele, Gooding, RM Auctions and maybe Silver Auctions. Depends what kind of cars you like. If the weather is really bad, try RM. It is inside the AZ Biltmore Resort Hotel.

There are museums and lots more.

As for parties, I think you are too late. BJ parties are Monday - Gala and Tuesday - Fashion show. Both are in the main auction tent

Btw - I wrote a book about all this stuff..but it is only coming up for sale this coming week.

3. Night Enforcer

Nov 12, 2009
    Tucson
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Lots of cars to see at the auctions as already suggested. Check out the Penske Museum off of Scottsdale road, in between all of the Penske dealerships.

4. jmlinmn

jmlinmn Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    MN, AZ, FL
    RM may end up being a good bet - it's supposed to rain like crazy here this week. The main tent at BJ may be fine, too.

5. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #5 agup48, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    If anyone wants a 2 for 1 admission ticket for Barrett Jackson, let me know, I got a coupon in my COX bill. Buy one get one free basically.

Geez, I almost put BJ, I'm so mature :D BJ & COX :D teeheee

6. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    I would love one! Where can i pick it up?

7. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Hey Blake, I have the coupon, but I lost/misplaced my license so I can't really meet you anywhere. But, if you purchase your tickets online, there is a code. I'll send it to you via PM so a lurker doesn't steal it. :D

8. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #8 agup48, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    I also forgot to mention: On the back of said coupon it says that if you go to any Ford dealer in the area and test drive any Ford vehicle, they will give you 2 Free tickets to the auction, but that is more YMMV (your miles may vary).

9. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

10. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Already gone to Blake. Sorry :(

11. MarkP

MarkP Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Scottsdale
    Wet and cool. Bring the right clothes!

Thursday night is a special all British auction at RM. Come bid on my 54 Jag Drophead Coupe, black over tan.

12. Duuke

Duuke Rookie

Jan 4, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Duke Czlonka
    Thanks for the info. Rain go away by Thursday.

There has to be other parties going on over the weekend. Any other info is appreciated.

Also do I have to pre buy tix or okay at the gate?

13. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    You will be fine at the gate for a general admission.

14. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    My wife & I are going to miss it after attending the past 3 years; keep us posted on the weather; it looks like it could be a mess.
    Kevin

15. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    I went by today and even though it rained it was ok. Didn't like the selection of cars but it is a great show/ production. They got ready for the bad weather and so far it wasn't bad at all.