Barrett-Jackson..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Barrett-Jackson.....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Jan 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Gotta love those old MOPAR colors: Panther Pink, Sublime, Sassy Grass Green, Vitamin C Orange, Plum Crazy, ETC...Cool...:)

2. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    #27 330GT2+2, Jan 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Don't know if you mean ferrarifrank or me, but yes I have a beautiful '67 White/Red that's been in a 4 year over-resto bloodbath, but now doesn't seem so bad....can't believe that clone '67 GTX got $110k the first night......I'll post some better pics later as it's on the lift right now.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    WOW! That is a Beaut.! Back in '77 when I had my 'Cuda. (It had a 340 in it) My Grandfather had an old buddy that had a 1964 Dodge Dart 4 door. Dark green. Plain wheels. Ugly as all hell. But under the hood,it had a 426 Hemi in it, with the cross ram manifold. I begged him to sell me the engine to put in my 'Cuda. But he would not. He used that old car to Race for money,and he won alot. I wonder whatever happened to that beast....?....:)

4. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    thanks...had a 71 Mach 1 w/ 351 Cleveland and C-6 in High School and got waxed both by a 70 GTX w/ 440 and a 71 or 2 Cuda w/ 340....that 340 would SING! 2 Mopars I had were '69 Barracuda w/ 318 (best I could do at the time) and a 73 Charger land barge w/400 that couldn't get out of its own way...watched a little more BJ last nite....Nice to see lots a people with money...people in some of the threads are complaining about the muscle car prices and how overbought they are....my god, has anyone noticed the PF250 or Dino skyrocket???? Dino GTS's are well over 125k and PF's are in the 140's to 150's,,,so it happens to all kinds of motorcars....just hope you happen to own one of those already instead of trying to buy one right now...

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You are right about the Money part. I was just in Scottsdale a few weeks ago. And, man, that Town is just ooooozing with money. Builders and Developers driving around in $100K PICK-UP TRUCKS!!! And those guys are right there in that age group for the Muscle Cars. Let alone all of the Old people that either go out there every Winter,(The Snowbirds). Or have relocated out there. And, their Wives in High End SUV's all over the place. Lots of California license plates,too. One of my brothers, who is in the trades, told me that alot of California people are buying up property in Arizona. One, because California Real estate has gotten unreal. Plus, worry about Earthquakes. Lots of reasons. I swear that every 5th car that passed was a Porsche. But, we only saw 3 Ferrari's all week. (But, one of them was a Red '67 275 GTB/4)

But, as far as the Hemi's go. I am just blown away at how a $5-6,000.00 Car that is ONLY 35 years old. Can now go for $600K. Unbelievable!

6. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Don't see too many F cars here in Dallas either..some newer 996's and of
    course Boxters at a dime a dozen....will be seeing my Boxer on the road as it's all sorted out with a new clutch and beautiful detail (see my Zaino detail thread on Classic section)..I'm a Custom Homebuilder here and we're getting Calif. folks with no job, but a ton of equity relocating here cause we can build at $200-$300 per sq. ft. including nice size lot and they can always find a job in the same field they're in now....they drop 2 million like they're buying a pair of shoes....
    anyway....I bought the Hemi 6 years ago because I love the 1967 classic style and the GTX was the top of the line with tons of chrome inside and out and beautiful console, etc...hoped it's value would rise to help soften the resto blow (over 100k and just about done) and certainly that's happened, but who knew?? Can't wait to fire it up...Ray Barton Race Hemis in Penn. did the motor..dynoed at 625hp (stroked it a bit as std. factory cranks just aren't available) but all rest is as it left the factory....be done soon...see ya

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes, I like that '67 GTX Body style too. A gyuy that worked for my Grandfather back ion the '60's bought a Red/Black '67 GTX with a Hemi. I STILL shudder when I think back about that ride he gave us.....

I had a '68 Fury III back in 1976. It was an Aqua Blue with Blue interior and had a 383. That was a fun car. It was big enough to cram in 7 people,if neccessary, and quick. I cranked up the Torsion bars in front to raise the Front End. Put on some narrow Cragars. And, jacked it up in the back with some Deep dish Cragars with L50's. Man that car looked cool.....:)

8. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    back seat as big as a double bed!..probably had the radio with the volume and tuner together so you had to butcher up the dash to get a good unit in, and rode like it was on water..........those were the days
    oh and 8 miles to the gallon!

9. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well, it looks like we have a lot of Mopar people here...

Back a few years ago.... in a galaxy far, far, away, no that's a different story.

I had an antique white '67 Polara 2Dr hardtop, that had to be a special order, the original purchaser had the strangest grouping of options on it, that I have ever come across.

383 Hi-Po (big Holley 4bbl on the mid-rise manifold)
    Leather Bucket interior w/console
    Three speed - MANUAL ON THE COLUMN
    Manual steering and brakes
    AM radio
    No air
    No power windows
    Rubber mats

The car was a fast sled and looked cool, but imagine what it must have cost to separate those options from the available performance/appearance/convenience groups.

'67 was the only year for that body style, and it was kind of space ship cool. The sort of fast back roof even had the impression of convertible top bows stamped into the steel. I still think of finding one and restoring it, with a LARGE ground pounder of some kind under the hood!! Of Course :D

Bill

10. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    You guys think that the new Challenger might hurt the market for the classic hemi mopars? That thing looks pretty sweet.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Naw! It won't hurt the old cars at all. I think it looks great! And, ofcourse it has the almighty Hemi in it....:) I say. Buy a few. Drive one. Keep a few stored over in Bill's giant garage for 25-30 Years. That will be your Retirement moolah$$.....:)