Barrington Concours - Pictures | FerrariChat

Barrington Concours - Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Daytona Rick, May 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It is for cars built prior to 1974, so are you thinking about entering your Daytona-R?

3. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
  4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I don't see where it says that on their web site.

For exotics it says All Years, and Grand Touring there is a class for post war cars.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  6. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams

There is a box on the nomination form marked "re-creation", so you could give it a shot.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nope:

I talked to them and they definitely don't want any replicas.

However: Did you guys realize, that this is a 3 day concours? That's definitely more than I'd be willing to put up with. One day sitting on the lawn is about all I can take.

8. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic

Yeah, I saw that. IMHO, too much boring stuff on Friday going on; they should have kept it as a one day show and gone all-out on just one day.

9. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    Unless I'm missing something the Concours is only on Sunday. Friday evening is a kick-off dinner, Saturday morning is a road rally, and the balance of Saturday is a selection of tours and other activities. Seems totally optional. Then Saturday night is a big fund raiser dinner, and the Concours on Sunday. I think the idea is to give enough activities to attract some of the collectors from outside our area.

10. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Is this the inaugural year?

11. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Daryl,
    I would suspect you are correct.

This sort of a list of activities, is common among many concours such as Meadowbrook, Concours Italian Style, Ault Park, etc. The organizers attempt to offer enough activities (rallies, fashion shows, celebrity speakers, formal dinners) to fill the weekend, for the attendees that are not locals and usually benefit charities in the process.

Exhibitors aren't required to attend all of the functions, it is by choice. If you want to go to the show only, arrive Sunday morning, go to the show and go home. No problem.

Bill

12. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    As much as I would love to have my toy entered into another concours, I am sad to say it's retired and just wants to be a fun cruiser. Will I go to the concours with it, for sure. Hope to have my interior all back together by then.
    I have to agree with other comments, if you are having such an event you fill up surrounding days for the participants. Meadow Brook, Pebble Beach, The Breakers all do that.

13. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    PS. who should enter it would be Chelle and Halley, coming off their upcoming event, this would be a welcome car in my eyes. They keep adding to it and it looks fantastic to me.

14. Andrew in AZ

Andrew in AZ Rookie

Jun 24, 2007
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but is anybody going? Hopefully I'll detail a couple cars for the show.

15. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Well we are going. I'm always up to see a concours. If I ever get my interior completed I'll bring my toy. Anyone up for meeting for breakfast somehwere then all heading over together? Let me know, we are game.

16. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    This looks like fun! I played golf there 2 weeks ago; love the course and it was a step up from Arlington Lakes where I usually play. Since my car is a 1972, I can just squeak in huh...

Ken

17. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Is anyone planning on participating in the Road Rally on Saturday morning? I think it would be fun to have a bunch of Ferrari's show up when the highligted car is a Porsche.

18. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Would like to but I'll be on my way to Europe.

19. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I just picked up a magazine about Barrington area and there was a full feature front page article about the upcoming event. I'll list the highlights of the weekend, with times and cost in a day or so. I believe I read that the rally was open to anyone with a street legal car and it would consist of a 40 mile rally throughout Barrington. Cost, I thought was $125/car which includes lunch for the driver and navigator. I could be convinced to particpant if there was enough interest from others. If anything I plan to go up to take pictures of the start and finish.

20. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Barrington Concours Weekend Schedule:

Fri Sept 14 - Welcome dinner for exhibitors
    Public reception for mike Furman photo exhibit - Barrington Commons 5-7 pm
    Sat Sept 15 - Road Rally starts at 9:30 am from Barrington Train Station, a 40 mile cruise around Barrington
    Open to all cars, cost $125/car includes continental breakfast and buffet lunch for two
    Sat Evening Gale (Invitation only) 7 pm Makray Golf Club - $250.00/person
    Sun Sept 16 - Barrington Concours 10 am - 4 pm Makray Golf Club
    General Admission - $25 in advance, $30 day of
    VIP Admission - $75 in advance, $80 day of, includes catered lunch in clubhouse

Note: PARKING "WILL NOT" BE PERMITTED AT MAKRAY GOLF CLUB DURING CONCOURS - MIGHT RECONSIDER WHAT YOU DRIVE THERE
    PARK AT TRAIN STATION, BARRINGTON HIGH SCHOOL OR AT CONTINENTAL BUILDING IN DEER PARK WITH COMPLEMENTARY
    SHUTTLES TO THE GOLF COURSE, WHICH IS ON RT 14

21. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hi,

We are going to do the road rally.

22. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Who is going and when? The only possibility for me is Sunday.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Saturday afternoon and Sunday here.

24. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Possibly Saturday and a GO for Sunday. So who wants to meet for breakfast and cruise up together? There are several great Walker Brother Pancake houses in the area. Best one would be at 53 and Lake Cook. If there is enough interest I can call and see if they take reservations. Figure around 8:30 am meet for breakfast if you want to get there when the concourse opens. Considering it's their first attempt, expect confusion for everyone there, on Sunday.

25. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick