Bartlett Lake Drive | FerrariChat

Bartlett Lake Drive

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by humriv, Jul 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. humriv

humriv Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Desert Hills AZ
    Up early and decided to take a spirited drive to Bartlett Lake. Great road, fun turns, and no traffic even on 4th of July. I am finding some great roads in Arizona. Hope everyone had a great celebration!

2. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    No invite?

3. Tamaren

Tamaren Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Tempe, AZ, Westcliffe, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Wesley K.
    I'd be down for a bartlett lake drive sometime. I need to get the Porsche out a bit.

4. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    I havent driven my F430 in 2 weeks... time to stretch her legs.... You should try the Tortilla Flat drive.... 114 turns... Get a burger down the bottom... 2 problems... on the weekend there is police ... and its 1 lane no passing...

5. humriv

humriv Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Desert Hills AZ
    Well sounds like we need a little trip up a road or two. I'm open this weekend if you guys are interested.

6. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
  7. humriv

humriv Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Desert Hills AZ
    I'm in Desert Hills. I17 and carefree highway. That looks like a fun road!

8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    There is a place called bagdad arizona and the road to it is allegedly absolutely incredible.

Also, just as a heads up I love the idea of a meet up and drive... but be careful to not be considered the organizer. I can't remember the exact amount of cars but its something like any organized start of a "drive" with 4 or more cars needs to have an insurance policy in the state of arizona. They are cheap policies. Also, you don't want someone on the drive to kill someone and then be called the organizer and then not have insurance. Hate to bring poo poo to the table... but just looking out for everyone. Would love to do a drive though

9. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    That is good knowledge... I think we will consider this a random chance meeting and we all happen to want to go to Tortilla Flats.

10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Its amazing how coincidences happen!

11. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.

Are you going to make it tomorrow

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Seriously? I have been organizing drives and weekend events for 30 years. Arizona does not require anything. If you are 'afraid' of someone killing someone, be selective of who you invite or just stay home and polish the car, it's safer.

btw...... Bagdad is an interesting drive. The road has lots of dips. If you have a TR or 348 there can be issues with the nose scraping. The only traffic I have ever encountered on that road is some mining trucks.

13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yup... it was that way when I was doing this stuff in the early 2000s. It seemed completely ridiculous. I am just trying to bring a little light to the situation that if something bad did happen they will probably go after the organizer and there is supposed to be a insurance policy in place. I was shocked about it when I heard about it and I thought it was a strong arm deal... I still think the words that I am saying can't be true... and I still believe arizona requires an insurance policy. I don't think anyone enforces it... until its too late.

14. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The road between Kirkland and Bagdad is pretty rough in spots. Did that trip in my 360 last year and won't do it again. The drive south from Kirkland to Congress is scenic, and the road is good. This assumes you have come up through Prescott.
    If you guys make a run up this way, I'd like to join you.
    Thanks
    Mike