BATTERY CHARGER/BOOSTER? | FerrariChat

BATTERY CHARGER/BOOSTER?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jimzdancewicz, Nov 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimzdancewicz

jimzdancewicz Karting

Mar 1, 2015
    Berwyn, PA
    Full Name:
    James Zdancewicz
    Hello All. My t continues to suffer from battery drain in the cold weather after it sits from a week or so. I have an after market trickle charger on it, but either it's dead, or the cables are bad. The green light comes on so I though it was charging.

Once started it runs/charges great as I just had the Alternator rebuilt int he spring.

Can anyone recommend a top quality charger/booster that I can Upgrade?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry

A lot of people like the CTEK. I use a Battery Tender . It has a red light (connected and getting power) and a green light (solid is charging, flashing is fully charged). Use on for the car and one for the boat. It works well as long as the battery is not very depleted. In that rare case, I have a battery charger/jumper/maintainer from Harbor Freight ($30 ish) that will do a better job. Has alligator clips, so positive on a separate positive post above the battery by the headlight and negative to metal to ground.

Regards,
    Jerry

3. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Y
    I highly recommend a CTEK MXS5.0 smart charger, these are rebadged by Maserati & Ferrari and sold as their own at significantly higher prices.

Plenty of info on the net about these chargers and they can perform desulphurisation on a cycle.

I have one permanently connected to one of my cars. Cost around £65.

For my other 2 cars, I use slightly cheaper MayPole 4Amp smart chargers ~£20each. Had no problems with these either, the CTEK is better though.

4. UKtifosi

UKtifosi Karting

May 7, 2014
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Glyde
    I would also recommend the CTEK, I've used one on my car for several years and have had no battery problems.