Battery for GTC4 Lusso | FerrariChat

Battery for GTC4 Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Vladislav Pochuev, Oct 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
    Please, need advise. What is the best battery for GTC4 Lusso? I am not an expert. Need help. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    As suggested on this thread

Varta G14 Silver Dynamic AGM battery

[​IMG]

You can check yourself through Varta's site

https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb

Otherwise you go for the ultra expensive Lithium-Ion automotive batteries, minus the extra charge for the specific battery conditioner.

Solid State likes this.
  3. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
    Thank you. Can you send a link to lithium ion battery,pls

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
  5. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  6. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
  7. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    What battery conditioner is used for the Varta?

8. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I went with Interstate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    You went with the Interstate battery or battery conditioner?

10. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Battery conditioner for the Varta is the tried and tested CTEK

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you feel like trying a lithium battery, I would suggest the Braille i49CS. By far the lithium battery with the largest power reserve, and the quality is unrivaled. If that's too rich, Braille also has an AGM that will work great. That is the Braille B10049.

If you are located in Europe, these guys can help you with Braille batteries.
    https://trackandstreet.de/

Braille ain't cheap, but they are also in a league of their own.

With the lithium variant, you will of course need a lithium capable charger as mentioned earlier. Both batteries are OE size and drop right in.

If you feel like looking into the i49CS, make sure you are sitting down when they quote you the price;)

12. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Is that I49CS battery not somewhere around $2000? and then the charger on top of that?

Btw I guess it would fit my FF, however I wonder if one can use the "integrated" charger connection under the rear boot lid (my FF is 2016 and has that magnetic connection)?

I will need to change my battery to the summer - I don't think I will go down lithium way, but who knows?

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #13 Il Co-Pilota, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    The FF uses a group 49 battery. I believe that's the equivalent of H8 here in Europe. I've seen that a popular cheap replacement in the US is teh Interstate MTP-49 H8. The Braille I suggested are Group 49/H8 batteries.

Actually it's 2999 usd, lol. Here in Europe, I believe it's close to that in Euro.

The Braille AGM is a lot cheaper though. Don't recall the Euro price, but it's like 400 usd in the US compared to the 2999 for the i49CS. What I find absolutely mindblowing is the cranking capabilities of the Braille AGM. Their CCA is the same as what a lot of high quality manufactures like XS and Optima has for Pulse Cranking Amps, and the Braille PCA, is thought the roof at over 2850 PCA!. I believe the Braille CCA is in the 1100 area, where most good quality batteries are in the 700-800 area - an Interstate MTP-49 H8 which is often used as a replacement, has a CCA of 730. The reserve on tap is just nuts.

vraa likes this.
  14. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Do starters have ratings for a certain range of amps? Will too much cranking amps kill the starter?

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nono, not at all. The starter won't be able to pull more amps than it is built for. The cranking amps simply means that the battery has a lot of headroom and voltage won't drop in case the battery gets a bit drained. The reserve also means that the battery is loaded less hard.

The fact that there's less of a voltage drop, is a big deal in terms of the cars ability to start. One thing the ECU and electrical system in these cars don't like, is a low voltage condition. It is also nice that Braille AGM batteries have a float voltage of 13.2 instead of 12.6. This won't hurt anything as the running engine supply well over 14 volts. But it's yet another factor that prevents a voltage drop that goes below needed starting voltage. Bi-winning:)

otakki likes this.
  16. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Just for the record so to speak: I checked with Track&Street and they do not sell the AGM version since it is "to heavy"...

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What the h..??? That's news to me. I'll shoot an email to Braille and ask what the deal is and if they know of other options in the EU.

Otherwise,see if these guys will ship to Sweden. They have shipped here in the past, so probably,

https://www.jegs.com/i/Braille-Battery/147/B10049/10002/-1

Bamsefar likes this.