Battery | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Battery

Discussion in '360/430' started by Edgar Diaz, Oct 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    wowo that's amazing ! they invented a halfway betwixt and between + and - ? LOL ( seriously ? it must be + or neg? - what does it do? )

2. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    well from the off road world but mayhaps useful if we had a place to put it! ( maybe use two smaller batteries ? ) just to show the possible, I share this - no more worries w/a dead battery ! ) and as it's for a Ferrari we 'd want a bracket of aluminum -or titanium ! ? at least they are using good AGM batteries . in the future when we have the Manhattan project equivalent of ultimate battery technology and we have strong, light batteries, reasonably priced lithium variants ? we will be happy as a clam I would imagine ! .............................................................................................................................regards, Neil Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login .................................................................." In recent years, I’d been searching for a better battery management system. In 2015, I created the simplest of dual battery solutions, wiring in parallel an Odyssey PC1700 and a PC2150. Like many K.I.S.S. designs, it was robust but limited in its versatility. Worse of all, it failed in the area that most users want: individualized battery charging and discharge. Enter Genesis Offroad, whose booth I discovered at Expo West in 2016. Shane and Amy Smith have the type of story and products that I love to learn about. Their journey of creating high-performance electrical components to serve the Jeep market begun in the depth of the Great Recession captured my interest. But it was the features of the products that led me to ask Shane about testing their Universal Dual Battery system. As co-owner and developer of Genesis Offroad, he introduced me to why their products differ from traditional dual battery management systems.........................................Based in Mississippi, Genesis offers made-in-the-USA products and pairs them with best-in-class Odyssey batteries. Their space-conscious components help owners fit dual battery systems into tight under-hood spaces, at once condensing and miniaturizing the system. Genesis also offers brackets that unite batteries and management components into a single, eye-catching mount. Their line currently consists of JK, Toyota, universal, and Polaris RZR systems. Powder coated 1/8” steel, laser cut and machine bent, is the foundation of these systems, which are specifically designed to fit the popular PC1500 (Group 34) AGM battery from Odyssey snuggly in their brackets for trucks. The Universal system, which weighs 13 lbs without batteries, is a work of art. It utilizes Cole Hersee components, including their well-regarded 200A isolator on the model we tested. Severe duty 2g welding wire forms the cables of the system, as well as the custom-cut cables Shane offers for configurations that locate the accessory battery apart from the cranking battery. For our Land Cruiser, we required just such a configuration, including segments of the beefy silicone-sheathed cable. Ironically, the smallest component in the Genesis system is also the most interesting and, in some ways, the most potent. The G Screen Monitoring System is their answer to the nagging question of what state one’s batteries are in. The G Screen reveals vital data regarding the electrical components, providing click-screen navigation to see each battery’s voltage, which configuration is in use (batteries connected or disconnected), and controls configuration change. A “Boost” feature allows in cab switching for vehicle ignition in instances where the cranking battery has been depleted, and the secondary battery must be drawn upon. These features make popping the hood to manually switch heavy isolator switches a thing of the past. The “smart” functions of the G Screen relate to its driver alerts for troubling battery conditions, which visually capture your attention with contrasting color changes of the screen (green = both batteries fully charged; yellow = starting battery below 12.7v; red = 1 battery below 12v). Only 1” tall, wide and deep, the G Screen adds minimally to cab control clutter, and its 10’ cabled allows easy wire routing. "

3. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Do not know what the third lead does but it reportedly interacts with the vehicle electronic management in some way. Perhaps with the flux capacitor or framistan?

neil e dale likes this.