Battle of the SuperRoadsters F50 Vs Carrera GT Vs Murcielago Spyder | FerrariChat

Battle of the SuperRoadsters F50 Vs Carrera GT Vs Murcielago Spyder

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by WILLIAM H, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Just got my Murcielago spyder 1/18 scale model. I was checking it compared to my F50 & my Carrera GT models. The Murc is better looking than the CGT and about the same in a different sort of way from the F50. Which do you like better.
    Almost forgot Pagani has a roadster now but I dont have that model yet

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I really dont like the look of the Murcielago.
    The CGT looks ok , not amazing IMO . I prefer it with the tops on and in red or black .
    The F50 is superb, esp with the hard top on.
    Plus it sounds really really good .

3. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Is MB launching an SLR roadster soon ? The SLR is really more of a superGT car though instead of a pure supercar I think. Maybe the 550 Barchetta was also a Super GT car. Ive heard rumors that the 575 replacement will include a spyder version

4. udalmia

udalmia Guest

i hope so, there's a great need for a true 12 cylinder convertible

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    So have you managed any performance comparisons yet :). Any 0-60 launches. Do you find carpet, lino or even tiles work best for the quickest launch? :)

Pete

6. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Maybe if install some tiny rocket motors we can have some cool drag races, that or tie them to my cats LOL

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I think the Murci and CGT look fantastic. Not a fan of the F50 at all.

8. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    The F50 is a beauty compared to the Enzo which as a comedian said "Looks like my azz" :)

9. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    murcielago looks good from everywhere, f50 is like a suppository, only OK with the roof off, and in black. The Carrera GT is really something, from head on its an imposing figure, the back looks good, even the profile is good, but, from 1/4 angle it looks lame. I just wanna see it throw down with the enzo side by side, no factory drivers. anybody have an idea which will be faster?

10. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    It depends if you mean top speed or acceleration through the gears.In top it would probably be the Enzo but in all other standards I am afraid it will probably be the CGT. All tests that I have read so far comment on how warp speed fast it is. And some of these testers are people that I know have also driven the Enzo. Comments continually repeated like: i have never been in any car that that accelerates this fast, probably say it all. Undoubtedly however , I suppose we will find out soon.