BB left and right mirror | FerrariChat

BB left and right mirror

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by turbo-joe, Aug 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    does someone knows perhaps what kind of outside mirrors a 365 BB, a 512 BB and a 512 BBi had original?
    so electric mirrors or not electric?
    in my BB there is in the center console at the front an aftermarket 2 way switch with a small stick for 4 directions. but all the wires under the console looks aftermarket. also had no electric mirrors. only the usual vitaloni. but under the mounting of those mirrors there are big holes for putting the electric wires. so I wonder a little.
    got a pair of used electric windows and just install them

2. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

3. cavallino70

cavallino70 Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    HB, Germany
    Full Name:
    A.H.
    365BB chrome mirror or black vitaloni manual mirror only at drivers side
    512bb first only one black manual vitaloni at drivers side, later one on each side
    512bbi electric vitaloni on both sides
    manual vitaloni is california type and electric vitaloni are baby turbo type, for 400GT is vitaloni baby tornado type

turbo-joe likes this.
  4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The switch is great to have and the electric vitaloni mirrors that go with it are greatly superior, but not original to the BB. Many of them have this conversion.

turbo-joe likes this.
  5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I installed already the electric mirrors but I wondered why the big holes for the electric wires have been in the doors?
    as the car is so old once I think somebody modified the mirrors to the electric ones, an ohter then put it back to original and I now again put on the electrical. the original with speed over 160 km/h always have been vibrating that you not can see anything clear in those mirrors