BBi Major + | Page 5 | FerrariChat

BBi Major +

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by mexicruiser, Sep 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I also feel I should have bought the original ferrari hoses , but there are so many and so costly! I ended up buying the ferrari hoses only for the 3 in the water pump and the molded hose for the thermostat. Also In this country nobody has metric water hoses of any quality, so I used greenstripe gates for the rest where the inch size is very close to the metric, also double clamped the water tubes in front of the engine.

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    here in europe we also get gates hoses in metric

3. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #103 mexicruiser, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    LIFT OFF!
    Minutes ago the bardot made its first drive since 2012, it was a short test drive of about 25kms. It went well, all things considered, the car drove straight and safe, acceleration was good, shifting perfect and braking good too.
    The following issues will have to be adressed: *steering wheel is installed off center (I will need the special socket) *low oil press warning light on (pressure gauge registers 5 to 6 bar) *electric mirrors not working *the engine would frequently stall when slowing down if I released the accelerator

I need your feedback on cooling temps:
    -highway between a little less than 100 deg C
    -commuting around town (1st gear) a little less than 110 degC

is this ok? Outside temp is 33degC

also when stopped in neutral the transmission is noisy, sounds like input shaft noise. Goes away when depressing the clutch.

Supernaut likes this.