BBi Radiator Fan Motor Labels/Stickers | FerrariChat

BBi Radiator Fan Motor Labels/Stickers

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by DonB, May 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    I don't know if it's OK to list something for sale here or not, but I felt it would just get lost in the "Classifieds Individuals Only" section since this is very model specific.

Using a friends 1984 BB512i, SN 52935, the last one built, and which is a time capsule, I had "correct" Spal radiator fan motor stickers made. This took almost one year to accomplish because getting the right satin aluminum material for the stickers was a real chore. Also, insuring the correct lettering, spacing, etc. was difficult working from a non scale photographs. In addition finding a base material that would withstand the heat in the area in which these are located was a factor too. Mine have withstood a couple of Rally's and driving in Florida heat so I guess they work!

I realize that different year Boxers perhaps had different design stickers, but mine is an '84 so that's what I went for. I think, but could be wrong, the black labels with white lettering are incorrect and were used on later model 3 Series cars or the heater fan motors. Please, correct me if I am wrong. The center Air conditioning fan motor did not have any labels or stickers.

I don't believe for judging purposes, that points are deducted for the missing stickers which seems to be the norm. However, it's just a nice touch to have these on the motors which adds to the overall appearance of the front bonnet area.

Attached are pictures of the main label, the quality control sticker, and the "+" sticker that goes in the vicinity of the positive lead going into the motor. If interested, please PM me at [email protected] for more information and price.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Capt. Rich

Capt. Rich Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2008
    Palm City, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Baumgart
    Fine job Don B. Your eye for detail is what sets an average Ferrari apart from a truly concours winning example. Some owners are simply not aware of the time and effort to make a correct car. This was not a paid advertisement...LOL

3. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Just received two sets of stickers across the pond from Don. Trouble free and pleasant transaction, very fair price and excellent quality, thanks a lot......wonderful that we have this forum to exchange of knowledge and difficult to come by parts.

Best regards
    Peter

4. stevenschuh

stevenschuh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2008
    Gibson Island, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve Schuh
    Can you post some photos of where these stickers are supposed to be affixed? I'd like to get a set for my 1983, but I do not know where they go.

Sent from my SM-N970U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Is there photos of how they should look on the radiator. If mine is incorrect (thru the years) I may be interested.
    Thank you for sharing. Great Idea!

6. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    Hi Steve..

hey did we ever finalize this or did I drop the ball?