BCD Corona carb fuel pump replacement: HARDI 18812 | FerrariChat

BCD Corona carb fuel pump replacement: HARDI 18812

Discussion in '308/328' started by Nuvolari, Aug 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    #1 Nuvolari, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The original BCD Corona fuel pump in my 77 GTB started becoming intermittently noisy several years back and it has only gotten worse with time. This year I decided to change out the fuel pump for a new unit. With NOS pumps costing NASA money I did some research and found some old hard to find threads on F-Chat praising the German made Hardi fuel pumps as an excellent replacement.

The model needed is the 18812 and is readily available from ebay.de . Despite not speaking a word of German I managed to buy one of these pumps for under 70 Euros and recently fitted it to my car.

It is fair to say that the praise was well founded. Not only is the pump a direct bolt in with no modifications required, it operates smoothly and provides excellent fuel pressure. I have been told that the Hardi brand is well known and bulletproof reliable so I am happy to share this part number in the hopes of helping someone else with a fuel pump that is on the way out.

Here are some pics of the unit and the installation:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    Nice I will check that one out.

3. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Strong work, Rob. Thank you.

4. Jet Lag

Jet Lag Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Robert Bangs
    The fuel pump on my '79 308GTS howls when I first start it up after sitting for a couple days+. I've been driving the car almost every day, so it hasn't ben acting up for the past couple weeks, but this thread reminds me I will need to do something in the near future. Thanks for the info on the HARDI 18812!