Beautiful Swatters Blue F355 Spyder | FerrariChat

Beautiful Swatters Blue F355 Spyder

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by DodgeViper01, May 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    WOW is all that I have to say. I just love the color more now. I think it is the best blue for the F355. I thought TDF was and then I saw this. I WISH I was in the market because I love the COMBO!!!!

2. udalmia

udalmia Guest

that is a pretty sweet looking machine but I honestly can't really tell the difference from TDF blue, maybe I need to get a closer look

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Damn! Now pchop's mad. ;)

But must agree. Lovely blue. Prefer 'em a little lighter though.

4. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Darkness!!!! LOL! I LOVE it hehe

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    BTW, what are the details? Is this car for sale? If so, where's the link?

6. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
  7. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

hehe - big surprise Keith... kinda looks like your Vipers' color combo!

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    haha. I know, very close to the color but better :)

9. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    13,200 Miles and they are asking $86,000.

10. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    so what are you waiting for buy that shhit

11. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    There must be something very wrong with this example at that figure? Anty thought on this guys? This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Just saw a TDF at WWoC yesterday and it was night and day on the cost!

12. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    That seems like a pretty good deal... Wonder what was done on the 30K... or if it needs more.

I picked up my 95 355 Spider - (it needed the 30K) low 80's about a year ago - and I knew the seller ... outside the 30K service needing to be done in perfect condition... This seems like a good deal at 86K - get him to 82K and I would say it is a steal - if everything is as written it is...

Rich

13. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    #13 993 guy, May 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sounds like a nice example and the major service was done a couple of months ago. They are sending me the records on the car and I will check in with my Ferrari Tech to insure all service and "updates" are done on it. They told me that enclosed shipping to NJ would be approx $1700. Sounds about right, no? He also mentioned that the 95 was one of the "better" years of the 355 due to the airbox configuration? Sounds a little salesman like if you ask me, but if any of you know otherwise please enlighten me. As a Porsche guy, I know the first model year of any car is NEVER the best year (993 or 996 for example). Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Here's the TDF that I looked at yesterday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Are you saying that the New York Tri-State forum is directly responsible for you (potentially) buying your first Ferrari. Looks like you owe us all a round of beers -- assuming anything gets consummated, of course. :D

With regard to your question, the salesman (surprisingly) wasn't giving you too much of bullhonkey. The 95's do have a slight increase in HP over the other later model 355's due to the configuration of the air filters. And surprisingly, there weren't a lot of gremlins that were specific to the 1995 model year only. That being said, the 355 line in general had it's fair share of "issues." These include leaky cylinders, weak valve guides (for which a compression / leakdown should be required), cracked C-pillers, water-pump issues, and others. Do a search on the forum, and you should come up with summary lists that many of us have compiled. A good PPI should be able to diagnose most of these problems with ease.

Let us know how things turn out.

15. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    hey vik,

i guess i owe you guys a round of beers!
    you guys "sparked and accelerated" my decision on an F-car!

picking up in 4 hours! i mean, 3 hours 58 minutes!!

16. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    hey vik,

i guess i owe you guys a round of beers!
    you guys "sparked and accelerated" my decision on an F-car!

picking up in 4 hours! i mean, 3 hours 58 minutes!!

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    We're all excited for you Jon! You'd better have your camera with you when she comes. After all the suspense you've been keeping her in, we want to see lots of pictures. :D

18. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    Thanks.
    I'll let you guys know, but I'm sure I will be exhausted from all the excitement and waiting! I am in for Sat. event at Brads place.

Jon

19. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Jon:

Can you come to my place Monday?

20. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Dear Eric:

YOU STOLE MY CAR!!!!!!! So how is it coming. You KNOW that if you buy this car I will definitly be seeing you at some events!!! LOL! Good luck!!! I love the combo and would love to see it in person. Never seen Swatters in person.

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I really do like that TDF a lot. :)
    But the Swatters is cool, and natural interior is unusual.

22. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    It does look like a very nice car and I'm waiting to see the records that they promised to send me prior to making a decision to get on a plane and head out there! I would guess that's my best course of action would be to contact the Ferrari Dealer in Scottsdale and have them do a PPI vs. going to someone I don't know? I'm not going to pay for me & my mechanic to fly out there and then an additional $1700 for shipping if I decide to go with it. A little to much to bare if I can just pay a good dealer out there to take a look...after I see it of course.

Keith, as for seeing the car no worries...you will definitely be one of the first folks to get a glance at it close up if I do pick it up. First you'll be seeing my Porsche Saturday morning...Ferrari soon there after. ;-)

As for the beers, I do owe you guys a round. Then again, maybe you should be buying since you seem to be influencing me to spend $85+K on this new addition to my family! :)

Thanks all...I'll keep you posted.

Eric

23. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Dear Eric:

I hope everything about the car is good and you do purchase. At least it is going to someone who loves it and is CLOSE hehe. Hope to see it soon

24. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I think the 95s did not have obdII so therefore had slightly more HP. There is an ongoing debate about the valve guides in 95s and a huge informative post in the archieves last year which you should read. Also double check the headers as with any 355 they are prone to crack

25. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ