Bee Jay's sound system with sub woofers | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bee Jay's sound system with sub woofers

Discussion in '348/355' started by Bee Jay, Nov 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mla575

mla575 Karting

Jul 8, 2007
    Vernon, CT
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #26 mla575, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Very similar to how my speaker cabinets are.. Though.. they were there when I bought her. I do like the continuous look of yours!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Yea, I gotta figure something out. I remember reading something like that about fire extinguishers and why you never mount them behind you.Velcro won't do much in an accident. I was thinking of maybe a third seat belt just to hold the box in place. Or maybe some straps like what holds the tool box in place. I'm trying not to make any permanent mods. Right now I can have that box out in seconds. Besides, this box is just a prototype. I'm thinking of doing it again but much mo' betta. I like the stitching on MLA'a box. Maybe I'll have it professionally covered next time. Thanks for looking out.
    Bee Jay

3. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    Great install man:) A word of warning though to all the tall drivers out there. If your seat is all the way back and touching the speakers or grill on your bass box. It WILL leave an in print/gauge/impression in the rear of your leather seats. Yes it really will;);).......and one more time;) So judging from the fact you dont use any box fixing method you may be a tall driver with the seat all the way back so its touching the speaker/grill....;)
    But that is a great box my friend:) Must sound bad ass:D

4. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    wonder if that would fit in my spyder? I'd love a setup like that but have zero time to do it. A very professional looking job

5. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    It may not fit your Alfa Romeo SPYDER, but may fit your 355 SPIDER......:D

6. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    BeeJay---Did you ever change up your box or do you still have the prototype? Did you figure out a way to strap/mount the box?

7. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    No changes. The headrests of the seats all the way back keeps it in place pretty good. I never got around to building another box. It sounds great though. One of the best mods.
    Bee Jay

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    It does look nice--It flows well with the interior--I have been thinking of a way to build a small sub box in my car--just don't have much room to work with....

9. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
  10. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name: