been out to Sport Auto to see the F40?? | FerrariChat

been out to Sport Auto to see the F40??

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by TeenwhoneedsaFerrari, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    I was wondering if anyone had been out to Sport Auto to see the Ferrari F40 they have out there. I, sadly, have not...my dad keeps saying he wants to go, but never takes me(what a guy). Luckily i get my license this coming friday and a car soon after! -Blair

PS-
    Daniel (JackRussellRacing), I just got your email about the ride. I sent an email to you. And I forgot to mention in it that my parents would like to meet you right before the ride. I hope we can do this!

2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    ohh watch out Blair! Daniel gave me a ride in his 348 and we only spun out once. hahaha Just Kiddin He is a good driver.

Haven't checked out their F40 (2 hours drive), but I have seen 2 of them in person and they are amazing. All that carbon fiber everywhere! Very Sweet

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Yeah... not only did we spin out, we flipped the car into a ditch filled with the runoff from a pig farm. Good thing the windows were rolled up.

4. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade

Hey guys I was at Sport Auto Sat. and did not see any F40's a 550 a 355ts and B and sp. 2 murcies a Gallardo some P cars but no F40, Steve has a very nice place well worth the trip. I also went to Foreign Car and sat in the 612, very cool car saw the Maser Quatroportte and a Aston DB AR1 extremly cool car. a few 360's and an F40 in service.

Wade

5. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    hahaha Hope your parent's don't read this board Blair hahaha NO RIDE FOR YOU!

6. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Two things...

First Sport Auto does not keep the F40 at the showroom. They have it in the warehouse.

Second...FCI has a 612 already?! S**T! I'll be there tomorrow. I still need to get there for the Dino they have and the 575.

7. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade

Dino was gone, and the 612 is a press car will probably not be there for long. 575 was very nice TDF F1

Wade

8. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    Something told me that Sport Auto would not house the F40 out there...thats too bad though. I have been to his house many years ago and he has a large barn style garage, filled with cars it is!

9. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.
    Blair and others,

Maybe it us just dumb luck but I saw the f40 a few weeks ago when I stopped by to talk to Tom ( #1 f-car wrench ). I don't recall the story on the cars history but Tom was doing a few things to it. An awesome piece especially when you stare at all that "engine". A great machine.

Makes it a little depressing to jump in my 8 cylinder but I did have the top down, that has to count for something.

10. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Sport Auto's F40 was down at FCI being serviced and the Dino was in the bay as well.
    True the 612 is a press car, but it was still sweet and the color Grigio Ingrid was a great one on it!