Before I talk about jackets with Ferrari art, can we agree on definition of "collectible?" | FerrariChat

Before I talk about jackets with Ferrari art, can we agree on definition of "collectible?"

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by bitzman, Jul 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I wanted to talk here about these denim and leather jackets I modified but had a moment of pause when I realized they might not meet the usual definition of "collectible." They are recently made, not old whereas a lot of collectibles are Does something have to be old to be collectible? Also I only made a dozen so collectors don't know about them or else they might want to collect them . So is a new book that's not been read by anybody still be a collectible? I originally was going to do leather and denim but stuck to denim because I think it's ironic that so far most of the people that wear them live in Malibu where the cheapest house is $1 million. Yes, they really do want to "dress down" in the morning, wearing a jacket that, except for the car art. is worn by field workers everywhere,I put a few words of d copy on them for an action thriller Ferrari novel or for those interested in canvas giclee prints of exotics but would produce them with no copy if I could figure out what collectors want.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Any object may be considered "collectable" but I guess it depends on how niche the area of collectability is.

Home made denim jackets with a Ferrari back patch... that's very, very niche.

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I know it's the opposite of me campaigning people should dress up for concours such as Pebble, as Lord March advocates for Goodwood, but I'm just reacting to observing how folks of considerable means dress in some car circles. They call it "dressing down." But I'll still dress up for Pebble.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Anything is considered collectible. But In my opinion, 3 or more would be a collection.