Best aftermarket add ons to F12 | FerrariChat

Best aftermarket add ons to F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by henryenzo, Apr 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    Hard to imagine making the car better, but what are the best add ons? Mine just arrived. Thx

2. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Novitec carbon parts for the rear instead of the black plastics around the exhaust tips and novitec front grille, sword and braking vents in carbon.

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations. Are you talking about cosmetics or mechanical?

4. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Lower the car with Novitec sport springs (stiffens the ride a bit) and get a remote exhaust valve controller by Capristo or Forza. Not a fan of aftermarket body parts.

5. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Beware changing to stiffer and/or lower springs. The result will be an underdamped system with reduced shock travel.

6. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Since we are on the subject, with the 458 you can maybe drop the car at most 15mm with stock springs. To make a meaningful 1" / 30mm drop you need the lowering springs. I did this with my 458.

Can the ride height on the F12 be dropped without changing the stock springs and if so how much ? Thanks.

7. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The stock suspension has some wiggle room in it. The NR stuff has been tested and worked out within the parameters of the stock dampers. I'd go with Rockitman's suggestions but in a broad sense I would take the spirit of Vinuneuro's comments to mean when you change one thing, other things are affected such as ride or practicality or even in the case of lowering, simple aesthetics. To my eyes the F12 doesn't take well to being too lowered- so any lowering I think should be mild- and when you lower these cars the fairly inboard front and rear track becomes apparent. The fix for that is spacers but then you begin another pro and con discussion. If I had a brand new F12 right now I would see about lowering the front end on the stock springs a very minor amount (8-15mm) just to remove some of the absurd wheel gap and then have the car aligned the most aggressive the standard spec allows. I'd drive it like this for a good 6-8 months and if I wanted something more then I'd consider the NR springs and spacers. The exhaust control is really personal preference and I would wait to see what I think of the stock flap program and sound.

8. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Stainless rear exhaust boxes

9. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    If it were me:

- Novitec sports cats + X-pipe + valved rears + satin black rear exhaust tips
    - Novitec power optimized ECU's
    - BMC air filters (think this is std. fit)
    - Novitec springs (& maybe spacers) + full geo. setup inc. alignment, corner weight, wheel balance etc.
    - Ferrari Genuine 5-spoke forged wheels + carbon centre caps + Novitec Titan. wheel bolts
    - K2 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
    - Carbonio challenge paddles
    - Novitec carbon rear fog light cover + exhaust covers in OE 1x1 weave

10. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
  11. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree the F12 in the video looks just about perfect. My advice is to get the car and drive it stock for a few months at least and then decide what you might like to address.

12. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
  13. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Its pity they dont show spacers option in configurator too. Its obvious you need spacers if you lower F12 for a bit.

14. AutobahnAndTrack

AutobahnAndTrack Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2014
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan G
    Best aftermarket add-on is a high quality battery. Simple as that.

I think most of the smaller issues are related to the crappy stock battery.

15. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    That is great advice! I would also add high-quality battery tender if car is not used so often.

16. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would definitely agree on the tender. I change all mine out for the Ctek 7002 model. No problems whatsoever. I've been using these for about 8 years now..

17. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #17 Carbonio, May 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad we made the list with our F12 Challenge Shift Paddles!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Those are gorgeous!

19. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    What's great about our Challenge Shift Paddles (besides how they look) is how they enhance your driving experience.

There aren't many bits and accessories that I can think of that you actually use and interact with every time you drive your car.

20. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Are these very difficult to install? Tnx

21. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Went to your web site & found the instructions.

22. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    You beat me to it and found the instructions we have online with all of our products.

As for installation it is super easy. We include an installation tool and instructions. The steering wheel stays on and it is not necessary to disconnect the battery or anything like that. Just 4 screws off then 4 screws on and you are done. Budget 30 minutes for the job not counting any time you spend staring and admiring the beauty of your F12 :)

23. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    #23 Alex@TAG, May 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
  25. AutobahnAndTrack

AutobahnAndTrack Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2014
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan G
    Would like to exactly understand behaviour of exhaust valves.

They will open at a certain rpm?
    The rpm threshhold depends on manettino setting?
    At what rpm will the valves open in race and ct-off?

I am trying to decide on a remote control for valves. Most pf the time I drive in ct-off or esc-off for spirited driving. I am not sure if the remote control would still make a difference as valves seem to be open all the time?