Best Auto Consignment outfit in SoCal? | FerrariChat

Best Auto Consignment outfit in SoCal?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Eitan, Nov 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eitan

Eitan Rookie

Nov 14, 2018
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Eitan Levin
    Looking for recommendations based on first-hand experience please.

2. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    For an fcar I have used https://www.bobileff.com/

For both purchase and sale. No issues and I’m happy with the three transactions.

3. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    What kind of car?

4. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    shawdut and Stevenb like this.
  5. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Euro car is closed as far as I know

6. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think he means Eurocar OC, which is still there.

7. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Both F cars

8. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Ferrari of Westlake offers excellent free storage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I wish they were closed. The owner told me to stop touching the cars because I was getting smudges in them and then laughed at me when I asked to be called when a scud came in. He said “you just look like a guy with a camera. You’re not buying a Ferrari”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    #10 RonH, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    I guess everyone has different experiences. I recently bought a non Ferrari from Eurocar and it was a pleasant experience. I found after i purchased it an electronics problem and a body molding problem and they promptly fixed both (actually sent the car out for the electronics). Of course they are a car dealer and you have to know what you are dealing with, and that is my view of all dealers.

However, I don’t think Eurocar does consignment any more. They own what they sell. In my area perhaps the best known consignment shop is Phillips Auto. I have never used them (just gone in and touched their cars!) but a friend who buys and flips exotics says they are good.

Rbwiii likes this.
  11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Phillips Auto is a great operation. Malcom Phillips is a straight shooter. Been in the business for ever and is a real car guy.

12. SamCLongo

SamCLongo Rookie

Feb 5, 2015
    La Canada, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam C. Longo
    Sold a Bentley Continental on consignment through Phillips (Newport Beach)......clean, easy, honest transaction. Sold an F430 on consignment through CNC.....worked out ok in the end, but took a long time to get paid. Just a guess, but they were in the process of building their new facility.....maybe cash crunch. Still think they are a reputable operation.

13. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I can recommend CNC from the Buy side of the transaction. I purchased my 360 Spider from them. Clayton and Fraser Thom (the brothers who own the business) were absolutely great to work with.

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  14. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I used Jake's Motorcars in San Diego. Professional, up front, they were clear on what they would do, what their commission would be, etc. They kept in contact, negotiated my sale and I was in the loop for everything. They also paid me as promised when the car sold (which didn't take that long, and I got near-asking price). Bob H

sparetireless likes this.
  15. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Did you pull in there with the Fiat? :)

RudyP likes this.
  16. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    #16 Testarossa Lover, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    +1

Malcom is a great guy and I had a great experience buying from them.

sparetireless likes this.
  17. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    +1
    First class operation, high exposure and the friendliest hands on owners. Best showroom, well trained sales staff, you can't go wrong CNC.

18. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I should have! I was in the jeep srt

19. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    My experience with Euro Car OC has been great, I have purchased two cars from them..my experience with CNC not so...wanted to buy a 599 from them, asked to drive the car and was told by my sales guy that the manager you cant until I put a deposit on the car...thought that was odd so I moved on...found out later my sales guy was the manger...went to Euro Car and bought the 599 they had...
    I understand their is a lot of tire kickers out there and I can get that, just didn't appreciate the BS...

RonH likes this.
  20. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    #20 RonH, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Totally weird. Unfortunately for CNC, these are car dealers and tire kickers go with the territory. I am a buyer (and their potential customer) and there is no way they get anything from me without a test drive, certainly they can forget about a deposit! People need to realize what their roles are and what the rules are! They treat me like that and I am out the door with no looking back.

By the way, I bought a car from Eurocar but it was only after I drove 5 or 6 different cars that they had and i walked out the door after the test drives only to come back a few weeks later when I bought the new kid on the block. They were totally cool with that and certainly knew that I might never come back. Again it goes with the territory and you have to know your role.

Note, Jake’s was also mentioned here. I went down there and drove a couple of their cars with no questions asked. So they were also good from a buyers perspective, I just didn’t see what I wanted and so I didn’t go back. But they seemed receptive and I would work with them if they did have something that interested me.

21. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    CNC always treated me well and always given me the opportunity to test drive.

22. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Sales@CNCMOTORS Formula 3

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
    Hello, if anyone would like to deal with us or have any questions feel free to send a message or call me. We never meant to upset anyone or turn away a potential buyer. Test driving $100,000+ cars is never an easy thing. We used to never allow that and have changed things over the years. We try to accommodate everyone. Hopefully a buyer appreciates that there was not 10 people who test drove their new car who was not capable or had any intention of buying it....

Tarek307 and Testarossa Lover like this.
  23. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    Did you haggle on price or what you see is what you pay?

24. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Welcome to Fchat. Its been my experience on this forum that terms and price usually are not discussed after a deal is done.

Get to you know the members first and maybe someone will give you a hint. I said maybe... :)

25. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark

double edge sword I think... if your a buyer, of course you want to test drive!! but as someone who may have their car on consignment with a dealer, I would appreciate the fact that they pre-qualify potential buyers. Im considering putting my R8 GT on consignment with CNC, and TEST drives are one of my biggest concerns. To me it would be super easy for the dealer to let anyone test drive these cars, as the car is on consignment and Dealer has really nothing to worry about letting any knuckle head/tire kicker flogging these 100K cars around!
    Personally a dealer (CNC) who is more judicious on test drives, speaks volumes... Seems they are making sure sellers best interest are also being thought of... So I guess what im saying, is consider if your car was on consignment, how would you want them to handle test drives on your car?

Sales@CNCMOTORS likes this.