Best crusing song? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Best crusing song?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TestShoot, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Most of you probably don't remember them, but Ten Years After had a song "I'm Goin Home" classic Alvin Lee rifs. This song you never hear anymore, but it will get you speeding guaranteed. I listen to "the tubes"(not the band). Hey, The Band they had some great stuff.

2. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    >It was the Rebell Yell by Billy Idol.
    >
    >"In the midnight hour...she cried more, more, more, ...."
    >
    >For some reason when that song came on, my right foot locked onto the accelerator and went down

amusing.

>Carmina Buruna

lovely.lovely.lovely. Although it's Burana.
    Most of Carl Orff is very appropriate.

a slightly edited drive ~2 months ago testing the re:engineered vertically happy cd player:

http://www.god-emil.dk/=cw4t7abs/data/f/izotropikl.induktion.mov

3. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I see that many in here are missing out in the virtuoso neo classical guitar players, maybe we don't have enough guitar players in f chat.

4. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Iggy Pop: "Lust for life"
    always waiting till he sings "drives a GTO..." though I know he probably is referring to some Detroit product.

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    "Ich will Spass" by some German band from the 80s.

Son gis about having fun wiht the car and driving fast. Pretty catchy rythm as well. Makes you happy.

6. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Hells Bells; ACDC

7. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Most of you probably don't remember them, but Ten Years After had a song "I'm Goin Home" classic Alvin Lee rifs. This song you never hear anymore, but it will get you speeding guaranteed. I listen to "the tubes"(not the band). Hey, The Band they had some great stuff.

Oh, boy, do I remember that! Not only was I a Ten Years After fan in the early 70's but I have that song vividly etched in my brain.

In either 1973 or 1974 (we went both years) a buddy and I drove to Watkins Glen from Boston for the Grand Prix and set up our tent after we arrived around 3 a.m. early Friday morning. We were beat after the long drive and hoped to get a few hours sleep before practice started in the morning. These were the years when the Bog was in its prime (burned the bus in '74), Show Us Your Tits requests were granted frequently and a few people actually managed to watch a bit of the racing activity amid the partying.

Anyway, a group of guys in a tent near us had brought a pretty good sized stereo system with them and some big box speakers. I guess they were able to stay awake and alert through some chemical assistance ;-). Around 5 a.m. they decided that "I'm Going Home" at full volume was a perfect wake-up song for the entire area.

So much for the sleep idea.

Great song though.

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    THe ULTIMATE cruising song is:

THE NOISE COMING FROM THE REAR OF THE 360 MODENA W/ TUBI EXHAUST!

I'd rather hear the engine rather than the cd player or radio when I drive my baby!

9. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i'd go with something classical also. but i'd go with bach, pachebel, something a little more calming. but i couldn't see why you'd need to listen to anything other than a beautiful ferrari made engine.

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

It is impossible to sing along with the chorus tho :(

11. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    And by the time you do master it they'll have you locked in a padded cell!

12. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Some of the best driving music ever are the two Tom Twyker soundtracks to "Run Lola Run" and "The Princess and The Warrior" - check them out, you won't be disappointed.

A group named Fluke has a great adrenalized CD entitled "Risotto"

The first couple tracks, "Absurd" and "Atom Bomb" will get your blood pumping (the first was used in one of those VW bug commercials long ago with the spinning cars).

Along the same lines, The Crystal Method is great. I used one of their songs in a video I edited of one of the FDC drives and their song "High Roller" on the Vegas album got a lot of attention.

The Chemical Brothers have a very cool piece called "Leave Home" - the first track on the "Exit Planet Dust" CD.

Believe it or not, I still love the that opening Giorgio Moroder piece on the "Midnight Express" soundtrack and have since I was a kid...was just listening to it on the road yesterday.

Leftfield has a CD "Leftism" which is also pretty good.

Cheers,
    ~C

13. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I only listen to very complex music in which virtuosity is a must and I can't listen to anything thats on the radio, its very weird to listen to anything that it is ordinary when for example driving a top end exotic car, for me all the music that you all are talking about its very very but very basic and I can't stand a piece of music that has no real musical talent, but then again I am a guitar virtuoso and can only admire virtuosity or if not the something very special. Someone said the name Joe Satriani, now that its something, I just saw him played last week with Steve Vai and Yngwie J Malmsteen, there was also Tony Macalpine and Billy Sheehan, all virtuosos and the music that perhaps goes with driving a very special car. There is also keyboard and piano maestro Vitalij Kuprij with 3 neo classical rock cd's, he is also a piano virtuoso who is the youngest person ever to win the Chopin and Beethoven piano competitions, and Jason Becker's cd Perpetual Burn among my favorites, Vinnie Moore's Minds Eye is another great cd. They all have websites, also check Shrapnel Records this label only contracts virtuoso players that like to play with the rock sound, they are the best electric guitar players in the world with some of the best drummers and bass players.

14. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Testacojones,

Have you ever heard of Danny Gatton?

15. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    For staying awake it I'd have to be:

No Sleep Till Hammersmith by Motorhead

Anyone who mentions "A flock of seagulls" should be taken out the back and shot

16. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Third track from ACDC's The Razors Edge

MONEYTALKS!!!!!!

17. Catherine

Catherine Rookie

May 29, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Catherine
    The movie sountrack to "Swingers" gets my vote.

18. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Anything by Iron Maiden is great for the highway. Also most trance is good too.

19. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    A lot of trance and variants. Some underground European trance/metal and opera/metal. Rammstein, KMFDM, Type-O Negative, Nightwish, L'ame Immortelle, Evanescence, Lestat, The Machine in the Garden, Midnight Configuration, Nosferatu, Magenta, never released Christian Death promo radio albums, a 'lil Joy Division, Gravity Kills, Nine Inch Nails (halo zero is SOMEWHERE in a box on a tape along with Trent/Marylin Manson remixes from a Chicago club) , Marylin's latest album, Metallica, Alice in Chains, techno remixes of great classical pieces such as Canon in D major, Bach organ and violin works, Brandenberg Concertos, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Borodin, Celtic tunes and variants, and LOTS of soundtracks.

MP3 CD players were not enough, I needed a 40GB IPOD, its just over 1/2 full right now with 1/3 of the collection to go, painfully, each day. Thankfully all purchased music - I like it, I buy it. And I love music.

Sunny

20. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Pink Floyd, "Wish you were here" The whole album.

21. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    check out "Red" by Chevelle................hell check out the whole album. its awesome!!

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i've said it before, i'll say it again... The best driving song there is was done by Prodigy: Smack My ***** Up.

Don't have it...? Never heard it...? Go get it... It's, i believe, the 1st track off their 'The Fat of The Land' album... Pop it in, turn it up and find something twisty... After about the 1st minute, minute and a half, you don't even realize how fast you're going, you're just so in tune with the road and the music is pushing you deeper...

23. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    You can't be serious, are you? That guy sucks, pathetic music and no skills whatsoever, I think that I don't remember a day not even when I was 6 years old that I couldn't laugh at that stuff. His Malaguena its really bad and its not a malaguena at all, its people like that that prostitude the real gypsy flamenco music from the gypsys of spain I don't mean to sound rude but if you listen to anything of what I posted you would know what I mean, by the way if you want real players in real flamenco try Tomatito, old Paco de Lucia, Sabicas, Ketama, etc.

24. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    If its high speed cruising your talking about then any Joe Satriani songf will do just fine.

25. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Texas by Chris Rea. Great cruising song, one line goes, "They got big long roads down there."