Best exhaust for 348. Old or current. | FerrariChat

Best exhaust for 348. Old or current.

Discussion in '348/355' started by deeej84, Mar 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deeej84

deeej84 Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Sylvan Lake, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dustin Johnston
    Hey everyone, I'm starting the search for a new exhaust for my 348 as I find the stock exhaust too quiet and muffled. From the videos I've watched on YouTube I find the X-ost Maranello mufflers to sound closest to the 355's with Capristo. The closest to a 355 with Capristo is the sound that I'm after. And also, I'd like to be able to cruise and it not be overwhelmingly loud. When I get on it though, I want it to scream! Anyways, any advice is appreciated and if anyone knows of a used X-ost or equivalent please let me know.

Thanks,

Dustin

2. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    I run a Nouvolari Super Sport.

Had the x-Ost and like this one better.

Kai

paulchua likes this.
  3. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    I have Nouvalari Super Sport as well, with Fabspeed catbypass pipes. Nice to see a fellow Albertan!

Video (shaky, with some laughing too due to cameraman being overwhelmed at how wicked it sounds)

davidoloan likes this.
  4. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    I have the X-ost and am pleased with it. Last summer I removed the Cats, but found it a bit loud for reg cruising with the test pipes. Re-installed... I'm thinking of trying it without Cats again this summer, who knows.... it's best to have alternatives!!! Or maybe I'm getting older and more Deaf... LOL! Definitely great sound for the dollar.

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I also have the Nouvolari, with OEM cats.

6. alexjack

alexjack Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Don
    Also have the Nouvolari, but with Fabspeed bypass pipes. It’s loud and it smells, but I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

RandyT and davidoloan like this.
  7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I have a Gothspeed with mystery test pipes. It's raspy and angry...

sjd

8. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Indeed, I also have the bypass cats.

Kai

9. deeej84

deeej84 Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Sylvan Lake, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dustin Johnston
    The Nouvalari's do sound really nice! Kai, why do you prefer it to the X-Ost? What sound characteristics do you like better on the Nouvalari? Looking for the high pitched F1 sound, do you think the Nouvalari does a better job of this? Hard to tell with just youtube videos.

Dustin

10. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I run LARINI and its loud and mean when provoked properly :)

11. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    I have Nouvalari Sport and cat bypass pipes. Love the sound of it.
    I mentioned it before but if I were to go back I'd try Superformance or PD Gough's exhausts.

12. Kaivball

Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Yes, I feel the Nouvolari has more of the high pitches sound, the x-ost was to “droni” for me.

But of course it’s subjective. I ran the x-ost for approx 3 years and the Nouvolari for the last 8.

I run the Super Sport with Fabspeed bypass.

Kai

13. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I run gothspeed custom. It's about the most raw that is not screaming. Larini, X-Ost, Nuovalari, Tubi, etc. made my ears bleed. With gothspeed you can customize the sound a little. Definitely get some aftermarket cats or cat delete pipes. My exhaust sounds like a small block corvette at low rpms and gets F1-ish at higher revs. Perfect for me and that is the theme. Listen to a few different ones and see what sounds greatest to you. You might like the high pitch scream of the Larini, etc. or you might favor Tubi's wail instead. Whatever your choice, it's going to be way better than stock in terms of power delivery and weight loss. The stock cats alone weight a ton. Dual can stock mufflers weigh about double what you will replace them with.

steved033 likes this.
  14. fjb

fjb Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 12, 2006
    Full Name:
    UNK
  15. driveitdaily

driveitdaily Formula 3

Jul 20, 2013
    lake ariel pennsylva
    Full Name:
    john
    If you want to save some $$$$ . the superformance exhaust is , as far as I could tell , identical to the nouvalari without the nouvalari badging. I had it on my 348 with high flow cats and it sounded excellent , almost identical to a tubi.I sold the car and have an ansa exhaust laying around for cheap , anyone interested , hit me up. Never put it on the car so I cant make any comments as to sound of the ansa .

boxcarracer likes this.
  16. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
  17. deeej84

deeej84 Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Sylvan Lake, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dustin Johnston
    This is all great advice! The uprated exhaust from Superformance is cheap too! If it's pretty much identical in build and sound to Nouvalari, then that's definitely the direction I'm thinking I should go. Can anyone on this forum confirm that these two exhausts sound similar?

18. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Kreissieg, Capristo, X-Ost. Each really let the f119 howl with musicality, and I purchased the middle. I believe those are the 3 best options for one looking to add a touch of the 355s f1 tone found with some exhausts, on top of the 348s throatiness. IMO, that combination bests the typical 355 sound handily.

19. deeej84

deeej84 Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Sylvan Lake, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dustin Johnston
    Love the Kreissieg as well, just super expensive. Capristo videos seem better for the 355 than 348, but then again, how close to the actual sound can a Youtube video come. It's too bad there's not more 348's in the area, and they'd all be tucked away still from the winter! Definitely looking for an F1 tone without be obnoxiously loud.

20. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I came remember which one he said it was, but @IanMac has an amazing exhaust sound on his 348. I was at an event with him in Scotland before I moved to the States and everyone in earshot stopped talking to listen when he started his 348 and drove off home.

All the best,
    Andrew.

21. boxcarracer

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Check driveitdaily's response. The staff at Superformance are helpful too, give them a shout.

22. seabass23

seabass23 Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    St Albert, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Nouvalari makes two versions, Sport and Super Sport? The Super Sport is the louder of the two. Any idea which version best matches the Superformance?

I asked Superformance but they dodged the question.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

23. boxcarracer

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Yes, sport and SS. I can't confirm which model Superformance sells.
    I have the Sport with cat bypass and it's not obnoxiously loud (which I heard the SS may be), you can see 3 clips of the setup on my IG (slow_348)

24. seabass23

seabass23 Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    St Albert, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I can only speculate that the Superformance must be equivalent to the Sport. Even on YouTube, the SS sounds rediculously loud!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

25. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    Post 14

That's the resonator from the Challenge cars.

Pangea and fjb like this.