News

best family Ski resort Colorado?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Rob Lay, Nov 5, 2018.

1. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    The macaroon suit is a winner, too, but it reminds me too much of Harry's Aspen outfit in Dumb and Dumber.

CW

2. Rob Lay

Rob Lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Owner Miami 2018

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ohh no, last Sunday rolled my ankle over bad trail running so bad it made noises. pain now acute up leg about 9" and then around lower foot. it is bad, hard to walk, but not bad enough for x-rays or special braces. I'm just wearing compression socks for a little more support during the day.

what are the thoughts how I will do skiing? right now I'm thinking skiing is out for me. it will be about 3 weeks from when it happened to when we start skiing. also, the higher leg trama should be just under the ski boot line and should have plenty of support. thanks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Sorry.

Um, I'd re-think X-rays. Because, that's a LOT of bruising (blood pooling) and swelling. But, if you don't feel you need them, okay.

Possible you can ski in 3 weeks? Well, maybe, depending, but it probably won't be comfortable. If you've got bone damage, ~6 weeks for them to heal up. That's just your body's healing cycle. Nothing to do about it. Soft tissue healing can be accelerated by rest, elevation and icing. Also, look at TENS ( https://www.hidow.com ). I have it and use often. I'd think you can get it to a manageably functional point that's reasonably comfortable within 3 weeks. BUT, ski boots do what ski boots do. They will give support, but they also compress, which, with swelling, isn't fun. And, skiing itself stresses the legs and feet. I'd give it another week and see if you can even get a boot on it. If you can, and it feels good enough, try moving around the house. If you can stand on it, I'd think you can ski on it. But, if you rush, you could set yourself back. Aches are okay. Shooting pain isn't.

I am NOT a doctor, however. I'm just an athlete who's been through many injuries and rehabs. I've always pushed as hard as I could to get back, but the healing process does its' own thing.

Hope it heals up fast. The snow in Vail is excellent, currently. 100% of terrain is open (which is VERY early). It's 6 degrees this morning, though. So, it's not exactly warm out there.

CW

Rob Lay likes this.
  4. Rob Lay

Rob Lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Owner Miami 2018

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    not broken, just bad sprain. still very painful first few minutes when I put weight back on it I think everything has to break down again setting off the nerves.

5. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Rob,

Santa Fe is worth looking into. Zero night life and lodges on the mountain. The town has nice tourist areas to visit and good food.

Las Alamos is good, if you want nobody around, with no waiting, and cheap prices. Unfortunately it does not have long runs.