Best full carpet set supplier? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best full carpet set supplier?

Discussion in '308/328' started by jersey308gtb, Sep 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
  2. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    It’s a wool/nylon blend according to their website, colour if my memory serves me correctly was beige, it’s been sitting in a box for about the last 18 months while the body was being restored. They were great to deal with, sent me colour samples etc before I placed the order

This is the link to the page I ordered from
    http://www.lakewell.com/en/ferrari/interior-carpet-set-ferrari-308-gtbi/gtsi-75-85

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thank you. Do you know which color is closest to the brown referenced above the Castoro 172?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. SBDaytona

SBDaytona Karting

Jul 13, 2010
    I am doing a 1978 RHD 308 GTB (Dry Sump). Carpets were originally Bruciato 85. Best match was the colour shown from Lakewell above, that you liked.
    Check that they can do the correct RHD Heel Mats. I have found them hard to get.
    All the best.

5. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Similar to this:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, I have no doubt about that, but the question is rather "when did "Castoro 172" appear, exactly?" Was it already available on 308s? Did it superseed "Brusciato" or complement it? Were the two available at the same time?
    And at which period in the 328 production did the two pad carpets take the place of the single pad carpet? After which chassis number?
    There are dozen small production details like that that remain unclarified...

Rgds

7. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Albert-LP likes this.
  8. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    This will be my choice .

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I'm sorry Bruno: I don't know that. I guess that the Bruciato was superseded by the Castoro, but it's just my opinion

ciao

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes, that's what I was guessing also, at least up to two weeks ago.
    But: as said in my first message, I was puzzled somewhat by the fact that some italian owner, for a "208 Turbo" (= 1983 - 1985, NOT a "Turbo Intercooler") said in his add that the car had "Castoro 364900172".
    So I ,was wondering if the two carpets colors ("Brusciato" and "Castoro 172") might have been available at the same time, let's say for some months?
    I guess that, probably, "Castoro 172" did not replace "Brusciato" just precisely at the same day that the 328s replaced the 308s. Said in other words, there might be some 308s with "Castoro" carpets, or perhaps some 328s with "Brusciatto", who knows?

Rgds

PS: another interesting mystery for 328 is, FOR INSTANCE, that the engine numerotation changed sequence for unknown reasons: somewhere, at about chassis number 75500 (more or less) the engine numerotation jumped suddenly from 3300 to 10000 (= there are no known engine number between 3300 and 10000). Why?

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Ferrari was at those times a sort of very big Italian "artisan", so things like that weren't so rare. I got the No.1 Schedoni set ever (!) because when Ferrari asked Schedoni for a new model of the luggage set, they sold the first ever Schedoni luggage to a customer just to make room in the warehouse and get some extra money... or they installed a samplling series of Nardi silver steering wheels on the postoproduction carbed 308 just to make some extra money. You have to consider that (this comes from my book) that very first robotized Formula 1 gearbox with paddles was done with solenoid valves borrowed from some dismissed automatic machine tools (yes!) just to save some money (those are Mauro Forghieri words).

So everything could have happened with some floor mats… ;)

ciao

12. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Albert, can you give us some info on how we contact Maieli for reproduction carpet? That is the weakest point on my interior and as long as I'm doing it I might as well do it right.

Lester

13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    You just had to Google "Maieli Interiors"… but here you are

the website: www.interniautomaieli.com/en

the e-mail: [email protected]

ciao

14. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    But you knew it was Maieli Interiors and not Maelei Automotive Fabrics or Maelei Atuomtive Carpets, or Maelei Reproduction Carpet Service..

Thank you though!

Lester

;-)

15. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    And they do not list carpet for a 308 or 328... ;-) I did a "Contact Us" to see what can be done.

Thanks again Alberto!

Lester

16. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    May be just the photo but the color and pile do not look like a close match to me. Your original sample looks like Sliverknit wool used in ‘80’s Porsches to my eye.

17. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    From what I have learned the original carpet in the 1985 QV was synthetic and I’ve confirmed this. That’s the one on top.
    Most of the synthetic carpets being offered are very thin I.e. very short pile. Also confirmed with samples. The original is twice to three times as thick plus has the jute backing. The carpet in the photo is a semi- synthetic with proper thickness pile proper backing but isn’t made by the original maker hence the difference in shade. This is the carpet that in Italy at least is considered the best replacement and other suppliers apparently source their carpet from here as well.
    This is strictly from my own research. Yours results may vary because we are talking about Ferrari where never say always, absolutely or never.

Saabguy likes this.
  18. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    Another vote for Lakewell. Their carpets are really nice.

19. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Just an update, Maieli has not contacted me yet, I'm going for another email try.

20. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have heard back from them concerning an inquiry on headliner material.
    They have four colors red, black, cream and blue. Although correct material the beige is not the beige/tan that many of us have. But it’s probably close enough.
    View attachment 2615580
    View attachment 2615581

21. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    #46 bertrand328, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    To my knowledge this is the original fabric ! I received my order few weeks ago and it is the same that one in my car ( of course 30 years later it's look like different )

I can't open your attached file but what or who said that is the tan os US car ?

22. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #47 Crowndog, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018

Our tan or mine looks like this:
    View attachment 2615600

23. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran