Best & Loudest Exhaust Possible For F430! (Fabspeed Raceline Review) | FerrariChat

Best & Loudest Exhaust Possible For F430! (Fabspeed Raceline Review)

Discussion in '360/430' started by V8powr, Jul 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    Hey guys!

Here is my 2,000 mile review of the full Fabspeed Motorsports race exhaust system for the Ferrari F430! So about 6 months ago my brother and I decided it was time to make our new horse scream. We reached out to Fabspeed and were very excited to hear they produced every exhaust piece we were looking for:
    -Sport headers
    -Test pipes
    -Non resonated “Raceline” x-pipe

These items combined, make for the loudest possible setup for a 430. Fabspeed actually just released this new x pipe which has no mufflers or resonators! It replaces the stock muffler section creating one of the most glorious high pitched sounds ever! Of course you could quite it down by: running factory headers, keeping stock cats or going high flow, and or going with their super sport rear section. So it’s up to you how loud you want to go.

Install:
    Their product quality (made in USA), fitment, prices, and customer service are all top notch. Joe, Jason, and Dustin were a pleasure to work with. As shown in the video below, we brought the car up to their facility in PA to do the install. Dustin did an exceptional job tackling most of the install. Overall the install process was very straight forward. We were replacing every exhaust component so it was not a quick swap but we had no hiccups or fitment problems at all. Everything fit well, something that cannot always be said for exhaust systems. We went with their black chrome exhaust tips and a new carbon fiber diffuser which gives it a very nice look from behind (replaces the tiny stock tips). Much of the install can also be seen in the video below.

First start:
    Alright, so we weren’t quite sure what to expect given that we hadn’t heard a loud f430 in person before. As you can see in the video, we were shocked at the results. It went from a pretty quiet stock car to an F1 screamer. Of course the revs were even louder given we were in an enclosed warehouse. Outdoors it is still very loud, but at low RPMs it is not crazy. Not even that much drone when you get the highway rpm right. As expected, it does throw up a CEL here and there even though we tried to escape it with o2 extenders.

Performance:
    Holy smokes! This thing is fast! Completely night and day difference. I also did a tune for the new exhaust so now it has an additional little punch. I still have to do some dyno tests to know exactly what gains we’re looking at but I would expect 30-50+whp! And don’t forget the weight savings! Probably around 50lbs +/-

2,000 Mile Review:
    So, after driving this car for the past 6 months do we have any regrets? Are my ears still working? Is my license still clear? We have had so much fun with this car and the new exhaust! We have brought smiles to the many car enthusiasts we have shared the car with. This car turns all the heads at a car show. Reversing into a spot shakes the ground and sends kids running for cover :) The only cop to ever pull me over in the car heard it before he saw it. He said it sounded like an F1 car was racing towards him. He let me off because he loved seeing us young entrepreneurs passionate about cars and sharing them with others (I was given a kid his first ferrari ride). The only thing I maybe should have done differently was going with high flow cats instead of cat delete pipes. The sport cats have nearly the same flow as the test pipes but without the CEL, smell, and extra loudness. However they do cost quite a bit more than the test pipes. But other than that, we love our cars loud so we are thrilled with this set up. For someone looking for a slightly louder sound than stock, I would suggest changing 1 or 2 of the 3 sections (Headers, Cats, Muffler) depending on what your goals are. If you still want a valve system you cannot go with the raceline x-pipe given it is non valved. But they have other valves options. So it all depends on what you want out of the exhaust.

Feel free to check out the videos linked below or browse our channel for more fun car content :) Please comment down below or with any questions or thoughts. I’d be happy to help guide as best I can anyone looking to modify their exhaust. I'll try to post some additional videos and pictures later this week. I wanted to be very detailed in this review, so thanks for reading this lengthy post to the end!

All the best

Install Video (With Sound Clips):

Manda racing likes this.
  2. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I grew up with hot rods in the south.
    The term straight pipe was when the mufflers and resonators were removed. Cats????....what cats??
    So headers & pipe that ran straight out. over the years, I think the term has gotten lost. To me an X pipe set up is not straight piped.
    To get the loudest set up (and it won't be pleasant) ....have the pipes run straight off the test pipes without it going through an exhaust or X configuration...... hence the term ...."straight piped"

Oh,...many companies have come out with the x pipe configurations. IPE, S line, Kline. These will have more of a high pitched sound than the fabspeed.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  3. Patman

Patman Karting

Jul 5, 2014
    Eastvale, CA
    Full Name:
    Pat
    Great video thanks for sharing!

Car sounds insane!

What do you plan on doing to rid the CEL?

4. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016

I guess running without the x pipe may make it slightly louder but it may be unpleasant indeed. As for the pitch, this is Fabspeed's new X pipe rear section. It is COMPLETELY different from the old one which I will agree was not very high pitched. I'm sure this new system is right in line (if not better) than s-line and the others you mentioned. I'll add some pictures so everyone can see how it looks installed.

5. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. As for the CEL, I may try to tune it out or I may eventually swap to sport cats.

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Oh to be young again! I am glad you are enjoying your car. I have Fabspeed sports cars and headers on my 430, and it is loud and another forum member and I went on a drive and my car scared an older (yes she was old even compared to me) woman so much that she feel down. Not exactly what I would want my car to do. I would be curious to see the car on a dyno, since your senses can play tricks on you, I have seen people swear their cars are so much more powerful when they are loud only to find out that they actually make less power rather than more, but then again after 45+ years of doing mods to hundreds of cars, I am a bit of a skeptic. Enjoy!

7. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    I bought Fabspeed headers test pipe and Xpipe for my 360 it would scare the hell out people ! I lucky no one shot at me ! or throw some thing at me ! I had to where ear plugs to drive. Made that mistake once my ears ring for a week .. Hate to say that those headers and Xpipe are made in Taiwan.. My Xpipe are off my car for sale cheap maybe a 1000.00 . I went to Factory Challenge Race Exhaust makes more horse power and torque per Mase he said most power he has seen yet for a 360 ... 366.8 at the wheels ..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Did you do a pre-install dyno test? I'd be curious to see the delta.

9. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  10. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    That’s really loud. Glad it exceeded your expectations

11. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Good stuff. I had a 360 Spider with the factory racing exhaust but sold it. I bought another 360 Spider (3 pedal) with a stock exhaust. Not the same.

crinoid likes this.
  12. Ppcinho

Ppcinho Rookie

Jul 14, 2018
    Madrid
    Full Name:
    Jose Carlos Perez
    Oh, In fact I follow you on youtube and I was not expecting this thread's owners were you. Amazing car!

13. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    Fix that passenger side light! Sounds glorious!

14. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    That is really crazy-loud. Thanks for the write-up and the video.

15. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    Thank you for the support! I'm very active on Youtube, but I really want to start posting here on the forum more as well!

16. V8powr

V8powr Rookie

Mar 28, 2016
    Got the new light in just after the install:) Those OEM plastic mounts are so fragile!