Best mid-size sedan | FerrariChat

Best mid-size sedan

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by zjpj, Jul 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What's the best mid-size sedan?

1. A6

2. E-class

3. 5 series

4. Cadillac CTS-V

5. S-Type R

6. Other - post it

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  2. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Well........from those choices.........CTS-V. :)

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    E55 AMG hands down. :)

OR

The C240 ;)

4. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    BMW M5 (E39). I think it may be the best mid size car ever made. Prices are already staring to become reasonable for used ones. Hopefully it will be my next car.

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Of the current crop, the E class. Of the last gen crop, the E39 5 series.

6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Lexus LS.

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Oh yeah! I forgot that one. Very quiet, comfortable, smooth ride. There's the Infinity as well, but that's a rung below the Lexus IMO. I was just going to do the three Germans - Audi, MB, BMW - and decided I had to through some others in their for some extra flavor. But, I forgot the Lexus.

8. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Does price matter? If not the E55 AMG or the BMW M5 would take it, but the quality of the Cadillac CTS-V is really quite amazing considering where they have just come from and what it can do and the price tag. And when the dealer proudly tells me to compare the panel gaps to those of the Mercedes dealer next door... well you know something is going on.

9. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Seriously, what does the E-Class have on the CTS. In fact, what does the E55 AMG have on the CTS-V? Seroiusly, 5mph in trap speed at the end of the quarter......nothing else really. Oh, well 30K in price, can't forget that.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a daily driver to get around the urban canyons of this country, I'd suggest a sport SUV like the Cayenne, the Lexus GX, the VW tour-egg, and perhaps the new BMW X class or the MB M class. It's a war out there driving around any of our major cities. If the pot holes don't git ya, the wacked out truck drivers will.

If you are looking for a highway crusier, the Lexus is the most luxurious. An E55 is a great car, but buy a used one because man do they depreciate. The M-5 is probably the sportiest, but sadly all BMWs are turning into the ugliest.

DrTax

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I like the Caddy, but my mother, just as an example, thinks it's one of the ugliest car she's ever seen in her life. E-class styling is a bit...safer.