News

Best options for 812 exhaust (rear boxes)?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso/F12/812S' started by KarlA69, Nov 16, 2019.

1. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Karting

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Yeah that's what I figured. It has to be loud as hell either way I would suspect with the setup with the X-pipe and +/- sport cats. That's kind of what I was wondering--what is the major situation when one is intending it to be "quiet" as even at baseline it is pretty good of a sound--and amplified with the other mods. I would have thought most having the rear boxes would the majority of the time have it open, no?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    X pipe without sport cats actually makes it quieter in my opinion. I think if you don’t have sport cats (X pipe +/- backbox) I did not find it too loud to pin valves open. Once sports cats are added I now appreciate having the valve controller. Car will always be loud but it’s more tolerable for neighbors if you keep valves closed and don’t mash on the gas.

4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Novitec has an X pipe and a Y pipe. Anyone know about the difference?

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I am concerned the Novitec 100 cell will be too loud. What other companies offer 200 cell?

6. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    I think Kline offers 200 cell cats for the 812 SF.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Lagunae92 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Just one data point from my experience - I don't think 100 vs. 200 makes much difference in the real world. I had 100 cell on my 812 SF and now have 200 cell on my GTS (no GPF). Same set up for both (Novitec rear and x pipe fitted). Both are very loud at start up and at higher revs. In theory, 200 cell is twice as dense and should be quieter... I don't think it is!

Lagunae92 likes this.
  9. ScuderiaCarParts

Sponsor

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    Novitec only offer an X pipe for the various Ferrari models! They offer a Y Pipe for the Urus.

And as Karl has said, there's really very little difference between 100/200 cell. Either is a huge reduction in volume over cat replacement pipes, and a decent increase in volume over standard. Sport cats are totally liveable, provided you can put up with the initial bark!

Lagunae92 likes this.
  10. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Cold starts are loud regardless. Can always keep the garage door closed! Do you recommend Novitec as the answer, or any other options that you like to pair with a Novitec back box and X pipe?

11. ScuderiaCarParts

Sponsor

Feb 8, 2013
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Car Parts
    We work with pretty much every brand under the sun and we've heard most of them in the flesh!

Novitec seems to be most popular with our clients, Capristo do great stuff, Kline also do great stuff - honestly you won't go wrong with any of those guys.
    My only advice...avoid the far eastern manufactured stuff, I won't name names but the build quality just isn't up to scratch...

Lagunae92 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.