Best picture of you car | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Best picture of you car

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Lukas, Jul 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Dem - the mountain shot on mine was from the Swiss Alps too. From April. Didn't have time for the Stelvio as needed to dash to Imola, but some of the passes we did do were amazing.

I also have a particularly sad avi file through one of the tunnels! (Try here, though it's a few meg in size so be warned before clicking on it : http://homepage.mac.com/ajm7/iMovieTheater2.html - apologies for the cheesy framing etc. It was a quick upload :) Taken on a digicam so the sound starts to deteriorate halfway through as the noise got louder).

Top roads.

As for your number plate, get yourself a vinyl stick on job. I have one on mine. It doesn't knacker the paint and can be had slightly smaller than a std. UK plate. Looks better and legal enough that plod doesn't hassle you.

Bought mine from these guys : http://www.signswithimpact.co.uk/

Edited to add the links...

2. Dr.Bleed

Dr.Bleed Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nathan E. K.
    Thanks for the compliment. :) These Cobra's are a blast and take only a couple thousand to get a good 500RWHP out of em. Only draw back is the Cobra's weak half shafts and weak overall IRS design. Dont get me wrong the car handles like its on rails, probably handles alot better than alot of people think a Mustang could. Anyway that's a simple fix though, alot of aftermarket IRS reiforcement bars out there that take care of the problem very easily. Other than that the car's bullet proof and should more than hold you over until you can get your hands on the other horse. :D

3. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Hi Andy!

Thanks for the tip about the licence plate - I will check that company out. For now, bigger screws into the original holes with stripped threads for the licence plate carrier has done the trick! By the way, I'm a big fan of the camping shots with the 355 - hillarious! On this holiday we were paying out a lot of money for each hotel, but had hardly any time in them because of having to cover 3000 in just over a week.....

As for Stelvio pass, it wasn't as good as I'd hoped - too many slow hairpins to be enjoyable. Also, some parts are f@cking dangerous - unlit tunnels with single lane bends; we came head on with a truck in one, but he was kind enough to reverse out and let us carry on! I would definitely recommend the passes on the other side of San Moritz though (like Julier pass etc.) - fast flowing bends and great fun! I will definitely be back again next year. Also ended up doing a skydive (first time) out in Interlaken for some mad reason, but don't think I'll be repeating that!

4. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    PS: Andy ----> standard pipes or tubi in that movie clip? Mine (standard) sounded nice through the tunnels, but I don't think it was as good as yours!

5. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Did the passes on the other side of St Moritz and can confirm they are pretty much perfect! Andorra's a good place too - some great bends and good tarmac. Plus the 4* hotels are dirt cheap in comparison to eslewhere in Europe, and you can buy all sorts (electronics etc) at more or less US prices!

The car has a de-cat Tubi system on it. The std pipes sound good after 5k revs, but the Tubi sounds better even before this. At 8.5k revs it's pure, pure F1 car from when F1 car's sounded good :) As an aside it's a lot lighter than the std system too.

I also managed a lap of the Monaco circuit on this trip (France, Switzerland, Italy, France, Andorra, Spain....), as well as Imola and a trip to the GP there. I'll put that up at some point but it was mostly at idling revs in traffic prior to the GP :)

6. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Just some nice pics of my time with a murcie

7. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    How did you find the Lambo Stradman?

I keep having these urges to see how many RHD pearl orange ones are available and getting some funds together...

Very nearly went for a 360 but couldn't really justify the cost versus what I'd gain (I have a Caterham for raw stuff and a 355 for not so raw). The Lambo would add outrageous to the stable :)

8. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    #83 tclark, Aug 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    That's exactly what it is outrageous!. however very easy to drive fast once you get used to the width. Can't see outside to save my life however! so not very easy for city driving. OK if all you need to do is look outfront. However I feel my CS(as would be your caterham) is nimbler. All in all great impression however very unreliable. That particular lambo needed the engine changing(among other things) at 7k. So you go figure.

Alex

10. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
  11. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #86 bernardo66, Aug 6, 2004
  12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Nice pics!
    Your 308 GTS is perfect!
    Now Bernie where did you took these pictures?

13. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #88 bernardo66, Aug 6, 2004
    Last year, on Thursday evening during Grand Prix Week, on Sherbrooke street (in Westmount) in front of an art gallery. The owner was inaugurating some Ferrari-themed paintings by artist Alain Levesque. So appropriately, they asked for some Ferrari's (and some other collector cars) to be on exhibit. Apart from mine, Luigi Chinetti Jr. showed up in a yellow 550 Maranello.....

BTW, thank you for the compliments, but my 308 is far from perfect.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    that's right, for such a pile of rubbish i'll give you $2500 so i can use it as a parts car. PM me for shipping details... :D

15. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Throw in a couple of kegs of Foster's and you've got a deal ;-)

16. TabascoWilliams

TabascoWilliams Karting

Aug 5, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    David Bakoulin
    #91 TabascoWilliams, Aug 8, 2004
  17. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    burriana, your car is gorgeous. the griffith 500 is one of the best designed cars of all time. the picture with the bull on the hill facing your red tvr with a paw raised is priceless!

18. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  19. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  20. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    Nero 328,
    Great pics. Were they taken at the inlet in Avalon, NJ? I have some shots of my 308 from there and it looks to be the same spot. The houses look the same as well. Great town. A good friend of mine has a house there and my dear old Grandma lives just to the south in Stone Harbor. That reminds me, I'm do for a visit!

John
    P.S. That 328 is gorgeous. I have a Nero metallic 308 GTB QV. I'm a fan of that color.

21. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Close. These shots were actually taken down the road from my house at the point in Longport. In the background you can see the ocean and Ocean City in the distance. Let me know when you are down again and we get get the cars together. :)

22. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Hope this include's interior's ? (Not my car yet - But I'm very seriously considering it).

Seb

23. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Beautifull interior. For me the interior of 550 is nicer than 575.

24. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

BEAUTIFUL. PLEASE POST MORE :)

25. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

I've seen an almost identical car to that at the Joe Macari service area except it was lhd and a few other minor differences. The one i saw was a Hamann 360 spyder :D