Best place in the US to see exotics? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best place in the US to see exotics?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bludevil12, Jul 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    To be more specific, Crystal Cove on PCH @ Newport Beach, be there every Saturday moring @ 7:00AM. :)

Here's a picture of my little 360 @ Crystal Cove sometime this year:

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    With proud sponsors:

3. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I am not a bit surprised to see the consensus for LA to be the US capital to see exotic cars on the street. There isn't a corner in west LA without seeing an exotic. Heart Hollywood and flash...

4. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Maybe I've just had weird luck, but I've never actually seen a Ferrari on Rodeo Drive... Plenty of RRs and Bentley, but no Ferraris.

LA overall is definitely the place to see Ferraris, mostly on the Westside, Newport Beach, and some in the South Bay.

5. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Like everyone else said, Los Angeles, or South Beach. Today alone I've already seen 2 Ferrari 360's, one Bentley Continental, one Maybach, one Rolls Royce Phantom and a smattering of various aged Bentleys. This was in Beverly Hills of course.

6. windnsea00

windnsea00 Rookie

Jun 22, 2004
    la jolla, ca
    Definitley so. cal, I live in La Jolla and see exotics everytime i go out for a drive, of course I live less than 5 minutes away from Symbolic also. Some other towns in San Diego also house nice cars like Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe, etc. Beverly Hills also has tons of them, always fun to walk around there.

7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Bessides California, the Fort Lauderdale/Miami ares is great.

8. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Wow, seems like I need to get out to SoCal, i guess particularly LA and Beverly Hils...

9. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer

HAHA...deffinately...just to clear things up i wasn't serious...the Lamarossa is a disgrace....it actually thought it had been put together with superglue/rubber cement...lol.

10. jbtrader23

jbtrader23 Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Drive through Beverly Hills between 10 and 6 pm on any day of the week. In no time, you'll see Bentley's, Porsche's, MB's, RR's, with a sprinkling of Ferrari's and Lambo's.

11. DoingAnything

DoingAnything Rookie

May 6, 2004
    i've seen a few lambo's and f cars through La Jolla, San Diego

12. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Can't say about present tense - but back when I lived in Calif I would have to say: Menlo High School student parking lot Menlo Park

13. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    As in exotics???

14. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I live in Menlo Park, times may have changed, and there are more money here...maybe poeple just don't drive them as often as they used to...there are however rare occasional Ferrari sightings here and there including my own but... the place to spot them regularly would be West LA and mean all kinds. I have not seen an Enzo, Gallardo, Murci, CS, Vanquish, Phantom,...and I can go on and on here anywhere in Northern California on the streets (I do see them on track)... When I visit LA they are not hard to spot.

15. c_snapper

c_snapper Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Collin Ng
    a memeber jsut came back from a trip there, i think it's titanboy or something and you should've seen the list of cars he saw in a week long trip......

16. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Yea, saw that thread, the thing is i think he saw most of those in dealerships....Im not sure though?
    David

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Eagle Rock is so "fiscally conservative" that a Taco-Truck/Roach-Coach is considered not only to be an exotic vehicle on many a dimly-lit* (if at all) street, but fine dining.

*In L.A. - street lighting is paid for by residents of any given street - one area may be well-lit, another dark.

18. ForzaMe

ForzaMe Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Aspen, CO in the summer is a interesting place

I've seen lots of F355s, 360s, a black testarossa, a lambo, lots of Porsches, a Bentley convertible, and my sister even said she saw a McLaren F1 there once. And I saw a red F50 rumble down the street once- my god that thing sounded so bad-ass.

19. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Gotta be Beverly Hills. If you don't see anything special on the streets (which is impossible), then you can always hit up the Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Bentley.... dealers.

I was just in Aspen a few weeks ago. Nothing much, just an NSX and a 993 Turbo. I was really trying to see something cool, as I've heard of the Enzo, F50, F40, and McLaren F1 that live there. Of course I was only there for about an hour.