Best place to sell F430 Spider? | FerrariChat

Best place to sell F430 Spider?

Discussion in '360/430' started by viper, Sep 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    I just picked up a 2007 F430 Spider F1 from my dealer. Due to personal reasons, I have to sell the car. Where is the best place to sell the car besides the ad section? The car is red/beige with daytona seats, red stitching, yellow shields, hi-fi stereo, power seats, etc. I am only looking for offers above 310K. The car has less than 200 miles. Thanks for your advice.

Viper

2. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    The Ferrari dealer or EBay.
    Al

3. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    If it was brand new or under a year old, didn't the dealer make you sign a "Right to Resell" clause in your purchase contract?

Dealers have been doing this for a while to ensure that they get teh resell on this. I'd be careful and read all the sales paperwork before you proceed to sell it yourself.

4. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Did you get the car brand new or used? If you got it brand new, I'm not sure about your personal history/relationship with your dealership, but if you hope to ever get another new car from them again at any point in the future, you will give them the first opportunity to buy it back from you at your cost. If you got it from them used, this obviously does not apply.

5. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Ebay or DuPontRegistry

6. 360zub

360zub Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Zubin
    You might try the Canadian Market. The Canadian Dollar just became more valuable then the US Dollar today. I just picked up my F430 Spider, Manual, Shields, Daytona Electric seats, Daytona leather firewall, regular radio for 320K. Remember that mine is Manual and not F1, in Canada that is another 20K. www.autotrader.ca or www.kulumotorcar.com.

7. XSSSIVE

XSSSIVE Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Reno & Lake Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I would list the car on several sites.

1. www.ferrariads.com
    2. www.dupontregistry.com
    3. www.cars.com
    4. www.traderonline.com (select collector car)
    5. www.craigslist.com (it's free and has worked well for me in the past)

I personally would rather send my Ferrari to the dealer and have them sell it. This would help you continue your relationship with them (you never know when things will change and you want another new Ferrari). The dealer will also get a much higher selling price for the car. Face it, those looking to spend close to $300k for a Ferrari may feel better purchasing their car from a dealer.

8. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR

Agree. Do you really want every kid in town to test drive it? You really can't tell these days who has the bucks to buy it and who doesn't.