Best Restaurants You've Ever Been To | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Best Restaurants You've Ever Been To

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Ferrariguy2, Jul 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Heard great things about their burger...gotta try that someday.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    It really is great. Even the pickle was amazing and when you do go, the onion soup is A MUST!!!

3. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So we just came back from our trip to the UK - one day in Paris....

Le Grand Vefour for lunch... was fantastic. some of the best Foie Gras I've had. the entire meal was fantastic.... we got to meet Chef Guy Martin, and the service and food was just outstanding - worth the effort to travel to Paris for the day.

we also had some Berthillion ice cream in our old neighborhood on Ille. St. Louis.

In London we did Nepalise food at Monty's in Kingston ( suburb South west of central London) it was very good. huge Onion bajhi's...

then did Fish & Chips at the Alfred Tennison, in Kinghtsbridge... used to be called Pantechnichon... still very good.

full English breakfast at our cousin's pub in Kingston. Spring house... and then finished it off with dinner at Joel Robochon's Atlier in Covent Garden... it was great! it was a billion calorie trip!!! I'll post some pics when I get them off the phone.

5. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Eleven Madison Park (NYC)
    Meadowood (Napa)
    Blue (Cayman Islands)

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Any recs for Napa?
    Will be staying at Bardessono for our anniversary in a couple weeks.
    Wait listed for French Laundry. Possibly Redd, Meadowood, Bouchon?

Sent from my 16M

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

The place that my wife and I liked, Etoile at Domaine Chandon, closed, which is a shame. It was excellent food & impeccable service in a beautiful location.

I can recommend our second favorite place in Napa if you want to venture into the other end of the food spectrum from FL, Bouchon or Etoile. It's a taco truck on Coombs, called Tacos Chavez. Best cabeza tacos I've ever had. My wife and I enjoyed them on a gorgeous California night, sitting on the tailgate of her pickup truck, sharing a bottle of Jarritos. Twas fabulous...T

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Highly recommend Bouchon. even if its for lunch, worth the effort. Keller's other place - Ad Hoc is family style in Yountville... is very good as well. TFL wait list can be tough, try for lunch it seems to have more fluidity.

I also like Redd and Travigne Sp? up in St. Helena. Hope you have a good time!

9. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #484 arizonaitalian, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    If you really want to go to TFL your best bet is the 9:30 seating. They don't book every table for that seating and thus can squeeze someone in if needed. (It's tough eating that much and finishing after midnight...I used to do it and often ended up walking around the valley all night to work it off so we could sleep).

I've gotten that slot when I asked nicely enough (meaning begged) and/or gotten a referral from someone they know at the proverbial last minute. Anyways, you can try that if you really want to try the place...

10. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #485 arizonaitalian, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    As for another place to try, I love Don Giovanni...lunch is great there. Some of the best pasta (think lighter preparations of pasta) I've had in the US.

And meadowood is great for a drink even if you can't get in for dinner.

And Auberge eating outside has never sucked!

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Dumb question. 9:30 P.M.?
    T
    Edit. Never mind. Saw your comment about walking it off! :) I'm gonna try that next time. Wife has always wanted to try French Launch.

12. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    PM of course :)

Works at Per Se too, which may have actually been the best meal of my life. Or it could have been the 4 bottles of wine consumed before the kitchen staff came out and drank more with us. Next day was ug-leee

13. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Travigne is no longer, Brass wood up the road on hwy 29 is where that staff is now. Definitely worth it.

My favorite restaurant in the valley that isn't meadowood or TFL is Bistro Jeanty in Yountville.

Morimotos in napa is a lot of fun too.

14. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    If staying in Yountville and can't get into French Laundry, you can walk from Bardessono to Bouchon (TK's 2nd restaurant)Bistro Jeanty, Redd, Ad Hoc(TK's 2nd restaurant), and Bottega (Michael Chiarello's Italian joint)-all good restaurants for lunch. If for your anniversary look to book the Restaurant st Meadowood, Terra in St. Helena, or La Toque in Rutherford (if you cannot get into FL).

15. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Or, If you can stretch to San Francisco- try Benu or Saison in SOMA...

16. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    Any restaurants recommendations for Pheonix?

Going up to visit the canyons etc and staying in Flagstaff, AZ (anything here?) but I will have a day in Pheonix. Never been to the area :D

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Not Phoenix, but in Flagstaff, Brandy's Resistant and Bakery. Good for breakfast and brunch.

In Scottsdale, Veneto Trattoria is good. Alas, my fave, hole in the wall taco joint has closed. :(
    T

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Restaurant not Resistant! 😁
    T

19. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015

Thank you!

I'll check them out. Would spend time mostly in flagstaff and north but hope to tour around scottsdale/phx a little :)

20. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Re Scottsdale/Phoenix, give us some idea of your favorite types of cuisine and setting and we can give you lots of recommendations...

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Sorry for the mild hijack, but I'll take some recommendations on great hole in the wall Mexican joints? My favorite, Sonora Mesquite Grill, near Sky Harbor, closed...T

22. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Pretty much everything is discovered nowadays in the interweb age...but barrio is still pretty good and not commercial (the original). Ranch market for low key tacos...

23. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    In Phoenix the Las Glorias Grill is a pretty good hole in the wall for Mexican. Its at 19th. and Northern Ave. Kind of far off from the airport and tourist areas. Plus the area can be a little sketchy. Not skid row bad, but not really nice either. My brother worked in an office building behind the restaurant and Circle K for a while. It became our go to place for Mexican when in Phoenix.

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Bookmarked on Yelp. Thank you.

Thanks, Z. Bookmarked as well.

T

25. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    Tried to go here today but it was closed! Ended up going to a place called EVO for italian, which was pretty good :D

sorry about that, we ended up only spending half of today in Scottsdale/Phoenix and the rest of the time up in the canyons. Pretty much just passed out as soon as I got back to the hotel.