Best Sedona hotels | FerrariChat

Best Sedona hotels

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by PeterS, Aug 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The wife and I want to spend a Saturday night in a couple of weeks in Sedona, doing the kayak trip that day. 4-Star type is fine and a balcony is a must, $250 - $400 a night is our budget. If a few here can chime in and let me know the best couple hotels to hone in on, I'd be appreciative.

Thanks in advance - Pete

2. sabre66

sabre66 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    Wow I think my first post.....my wife and I were in Sedona 4 years ago and stayed at the Enchantment resort. Little pricey but rolled it up as her birthday and our anniversary vacation. The place was great and the restaurant was really good. We also did the Pink Jeep 4x4 tour which was quite cool ( us city folk don't get that kind of opportunity.)

3. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Well welcome! Oh my, that is a very nice hotel, looks 5-Star+! I'll probably check it out while I'm there, certainly a destination for a very special event, a tad over the top for two kayaking river rats :)

4. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Pete - we have stayed at The Penrose B&B a couple of times. Very nice place in a quiet neighborhood. Check out their website. Balconies, views, clean and friendly. Owners live on site.
    Best-
    Mike

5. 356racing

356racing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Where will you be kayaking? In the Verde River? Oak Creek that runs through Sedona is quite shallow in places so not really great to kayak in except when flooding after the snow melts up North. Enchantment and L’Auberge are the go to hotels, maybe you can find a deal online. Failing that, try the Hyatt at 89 and 179 or Amara Resort and Spa.

6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    sedona summit by diamond resorts. condos. great location.

7. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The Enchantment looks awesome, a bit above what I wanted to pay but looking at the pics, my wife said 'what the hell'. Heavily booked though second week of September. We'll certainly check it out when there, looks fabulous.

8. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Because we'll be close to and would like to check out Flagstaff, would it make any sense to Kayak on Saturday afternoon and stay in Flagstaff that night?

9. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    When the Copperstate 1000 Rally comes to town they stay at the Sedona Rouge, nice place, shows an average of $350 a night on Saturday. No where as nice as others hotels mentioned but no where near as expensive either.

10. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    L'Auberge is fantastic as well - u have to work them to get the rate down......separate cabins with decks, outside showers and good food, pool, spa and gym.....right on oak creek creek as well - makes u think u are not in AZ

Food - close by is Renee's, L'Aburge will shuttle you to this place, quite, white table cloth place.....always good food and service

Been to the above many times since 2006......

treat yourself for a night or two - enchantment or l'auberge......

11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ive only stayed at Enchantment but for dinner - you MUST go to Elote Cafe. Be ready for a 60-90 minute wait but well worth it. Its one of the best restaurants Ive ever been to. If you get there right when they open or eat late (after 8) the wait is not as bad.

Thank me later.

Pink Jeep tour- also a must do. tons of fun.

12. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    one of the really nice restaurants also has a nice pizza restaurant. really good pizza and a good deal.
    layla’s is a really nice bakery. on the main drag. get there early as a long line will form before they open.
    wildflowers bakery is also good.

13. 356racing

356racing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Unfortunately, Elote has closed.

14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    what??? Serious??? So literally have a tear in my eye!

15. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    What an amazing town. Driving in, the mountains are as breathtaking as Yosemite. Staying at the Hilton at Bell Rock which is very nice. Earlier, we did the kayak trip on the Verde River. A full and rich day.

16. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I know Elote has moved - did not know it has closed - is that confirmed?

17. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Elote has not closed, they moved uptown.